“Our 5th visit!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My family and I return here many times it's cosy, friendly and the food is super - great British fare at local pub prices. There is great choice from the bar, a la carte and specials. The menu changes regularly so I hope that the current owners stick around as we think it's the perfect place to go!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Food was very good, staff fab, and they had very strokeable toy shire horses on the wind sill. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the 3rd time that myself, husband and our family (3 teenagers) have eaten here for Sunday lunch and we were not dissappointed. There was and extensive menu to choose from, bar menu, A la Carte, Sunday roast (4 different meats to choose from) and a fish menu (almost too much). Service was good, everything is cooked from fresh so we had a little wait before food arrived which was fine for us as we were happy to chat. The food was lovely, all the teenagers had plenty to eat and a good selection of veg to accompany our main meal. The price for a main meal varies depends on which you choose from, £6 from bar menu, £8.95 for roast and approx £14 from A la carte, we ended up with something from every menu and everyone was happy with what they were served with.

I would recommend this pub if you like good food and are happy to wait for good fresh food, we will certainly be back and hope to sit in the garden next time. Well done Langley Tap!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

While the cats away the mice will play. In the case of the bar maid at the Langley Tap, this meant an evening of flirting with the unkempt chap at the bar, ignoring the diners and coming up with excuses for sub-standard service.

Where to start…the food. Fantastic. Absolutely first rate food. That’s where my praise for the Langley Tap ends.

Service. Terrible. You would expect when you only have 2 tables dining, that the service would be good. How wrong you would be. The bar maid appeared to be having a devilishly good time with her favourite customer and was frequently checking her phone. Both of which were at the detriment of the dining customers.

For the main course – I had to go and ask if they would be kind enough to take my order. Then for dessert, once twenty minutes had passed since we ordered, we had to follow up to check how the order was going. The excuse given was just to blame the waitress who had clocked off – presumably for an assignation with more Facebook on her phone.

If I was the boss at the Langley Tap, I would be pretty disappointed tonight – as I certainly won’t be travelling 16,000 kilometres again to visit this venue when the boss is not at work!

2  Thank BorisBrisbane
TheLangleyTap, Owner at The Langley Tap, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Hi BorisBrisbane I was very saddened to read your review, as a business owner we trust in those we employ to act in our best interests when we are taking a rare day off. I am very sorry that our staff clearly let your experience here down. I know who you are referring to and would like to add that this barmaid does not work for us anymore so I would hope no one experiences these kind of issues in the future. I do hope you come back and visit us again and please make yourself know to us when you do as it would only be right for us to be able to compensate you and put right what has let us down on this visit. With Kindest Regards Matt & Jo

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I recently re-visited this pub for a business lunch having had a bad experience waiting for my meal. I have to say that this time around I was delighted with all aspects of the trip - service was promt this time and our light lunch was pretty much perfect, staff very friendly and atmosphere was cosy and welcoming. I take it all back Langley Tap, and can only assume you were having a rare off day previously - will be coming back much more often in 2014.