Firstly, let me say that this establishment is undergoing the building of an extension and I am told the rest of the hotel will be refurbished as well.
That said at present it is not up to the standard I expect from a Premier Inn. The staff were welcoming and friendly but the room was tired and a little grubby. There was also a slight whiff of sewage, the source of which we couldn't pin down. The bed also seemed small for a Premier Inn, not the huge things you normally get.
Outside the car parking is already insufficient so I hope they are adding more when the extension opens. The lighting on all but the part of the cart park outside reception (a portacabin at present) is terrible, in fact non-existent in many areas. So if you have an expensive motor think twice! It's also quite dangerous to cross on foot, with uneven surfaces you simply cannot see.
We didn't try the on-site pub/restaurant as we have found these to be both naff and quite expensive in the past. The menu in the room did not disabuse us of this opinion. There is, however, a large Morrisons right across the road which is handy - if you survive the trip over the unlit car park......
Come on Premier Inn, I know from experience you are better than this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kick back and relax in this picturesque, ancient market town on the edge of the idyllic Cotswolds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel Chippenham
- Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel Wiltshire