“A lovely break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Derby, United Kingdom
“A lovely break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

An extremely comfortable stay. The staff were very helpful and amiable and the breakfast very good value. This is the second time we have been here and will definitely use it again when we are in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lauren J, Manager at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for your response, we were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Premier Inn Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Winchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good clean, comfortable accommodation, Staff in hotel and Brewers Fayre were excellent, Good carparking and easy access into Town, Food was very good value, surroundings clean, and hubby said his pint was good Thank you

1 Thank sunloverhampshire
Lauren J, Manager at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Chippenham Premier Inn. I will also pass your comments on to the Brewers Fayre restaurant. We look forward to perhaps welcoming you again at some point in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mellor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The entrance to the Hotel is hindered by the building work that is currently taking place. It took us a few minutes to locate the Reception area because an old and defunct portakabin still carried Reception signs. The staff are, as usual, extremely helpful and were also apologetic about the minor site disruptions. Unfortunately, our room - on the ground floor and facing the car park - was immediately behind the disused portakabin and this resulted in the room being dark. It was also a lot smaller than normal family rooms...but we weren't staying in it much so that wasn't a worry for us. It was also quite a noisy room, not so much from the reconstruction efforts as we were there on a weekend, more from the people arriving in the car park and having long and loud conversations with one another. Not a lot one can do about that. The restaurant attached to the Inn is a Brewer's Fayre.....I've never been keen on Brewer's Fayre and this recent visit hasn't changed my opinion for the better. The evening meal - reserved through reception - was okay. Breakfast the next day was a scrum. We had to queue for a while, so I sat down as I have back trouble, and we waited. I don't know whether it was lack of staff or the sheer numbers that morning but it wasn't a comfortable or particularly clean setting and I had to give the table a good wipe myself...and I'm not that finnicky! The bacon and eggs were very good, everything else was just adequate. Not the best Premierinn I've stayed in, here's hoping it improves before we go back as the area is a marvellous one to visit, with plenty of interesting places in National Trust and English Heritage hands.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation has been completed
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lauren J, Manager at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your stay here at Chippenham Premier Inn. I apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay due to our reception refurbishment. Please be assured that the work on the reception area and the extension is now complete. We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The entrance to the hotel must have changed as my fully updated SatNav took me in past the Petrol Garage down a road that had been fenced off - maybe it is only temporary - but you need to enter via the Roundabout opposite Morrisons supermarket.
The welcome was warm, friendly yet completely professional. There is no Reception desk with two check-in machines installed- there was a member of staff on hand who checked me in.
The room was as expected from Premier Inn but the bathroom although thoroughly clean was badly lit and needs updating - the shower curtain is one of those "straight across" ones which is always annoying as most Premier Inns have now sorted this with new rails that give you more room when taking a shower.
The bed was really comfortable!.
One disappointment was the amount of noise that comes from the corridor - you can hear every person that walks up and down outside. I can only imagine what it sounds like on the ground floor.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant across the car park which is a bit of a walk in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st Floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JonnyBerlin
Cirencester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

No problem with the booking or the welcome, which was friendly and efficient. The hotel is clean and tidy but didn't see a lift, so be prepared to carry bags upstairs. Our room was at the furthest point from reception as was possible, so don't get lost in the turns of the corridors! The room was bright and airy, if a little basic. Bathroom was also clean, although we only had one small handtowel, two bath towels. I hate the fixed-to-the-wall soap dispensers, no other toiletries, so take your own shampoo etc if you don't like the all-in-one soap. Although there was tea & coffee available, there were only 2 teabags and 2 sachets of coffee, wouldn't hurt to have a couple of extra of each or even a hot choc for bed-time. No instructions or channel programme for tv, Wi-Fi access available on request. Breakfast is in the next door restaurant, so you'll get wet getting there if it's raining. We didn't bother. My main problem, again, is the bed. Not, as Mr Henry would have it, soft and fluffy, but hard and uncomfortable. At one stage I had to get out just to ease my back and I did contemplate trying to sleep on the sofa. The pillows and duvet are great, but no use when you're worn out trying to get comfortable. I also found the room a little on the chilly side in the morning. This is the second bad night's sleep in a Premier Inn, might not try for '3rd time lucky'.

Room Tip: Maybe inquire where family rooms are to avoid screaming children!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I would normally give 5* to Premier Inn but this time I was very disappointed. There are refurbishments in progress at Chippenham which is a good thing but not when it affects the comfort of guests! Why not close the hotel and complete the refurb quicker without having complaints from paying customers?! The beds have been replaced but ours was hard and uncomfortable in fact both my husband and myself had back pain the following morning. The previous beds were very comfortable so this is not an upgrade in my opinion! Not impressed with the workmen working on Saturday morning either especially as they were right outside our ground floor window! We did receive a partial refund but it doesn't make the stay any better.

Room Tip: Don't ask for ground floor rooms if you are ok with stairs
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Guildford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband & myself stayed in this premier inn yesterday,we have stayed here many times before and as usual we were not dissappointed. On our arrival we were greeted by Emma whom I had spoke to a few weeks ago requesting an upstairs room in the quietest part of the hotel she said at the time she would do her best for us,thank you Emma your a star the room you chose was just what we wanted. I note some of the comments from previous guests about the parking,there is ample parking I think some people just are not prepared to put up with a little inconvenience and perhaps walking a little further then normal.We would have no hesitation to returning to this premier inn when we next visit family in the area thank you once again.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs at the back of the hotel,preferably at the end of a corridor away from the do...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Angel Hotel
#1 of 5 in Corsham
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre

Been to Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel? Share your experiences!