Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel
US$167
US$85
Bell House Hotel(Sutton Benger)
US$127
Bear Hotel(Chippenham)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,055 results
All reviewsbrewers fayremeal dealrestaurant next doorall you can eatcar parkbuilding workroom was cleanpetrol stationgood nights sleepmorrisons supermarketbudget hotelthe pubnight's sleepburger kingno liftexcellent value for moneyon line
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights.
We have stayed at a few Premier Inns and have always had a good stay, however this one had a cherry on top!
Decent location, spotless and staff who actually smile!
Yes, it wasn't perfect, we had a couple of minor problems but the way in which the staff solved them was excellent and to my way of thinking that what makes the difference.
A big well done to the staff.
One downside, however is the Brewers Fayre next door and if I was connected with Premier Inn, I would be seriously thinking of re-negotiating any deals with them,
Examples, when you go in you will see a certificate stating it has a 5 star hygiene rating, who issued this?
On the first night we visited there was an Italian themed buffet on and in the hour and a half we were in I never saw one person taking any food from it, in fact I never saw one member of staff replace the dried out pasta dishes nor did I see anyone record the holding temperatures of the food (90 minutes at least standing under a hot light!).
My wife went to the Ladies toilet at the back section, it had two cubicles. One with no lock or handle, only a hole where it used to be, the other did have a lock but the seat was loose and had dried blood on it.
When washing her hands, no hot water or drying facilities ( the gents at the entrance also had no hot water or drying equipment that worked).
As we had already had set up the breakfast deal with Premier Inn, I went over the following morning, not suprisingly my wife declined to go.
It didn't look to good to find 2 partially filled lager glasses left at the entrance from the previous evening. However, breakfast was a pleasant surprise, maybe the previous night was a one off, I certainly hope so.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lauren J, Manager at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay here at Chippenham Premier Inn and thank you for the kind comments regarding the team service that you experienced. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced in the restaurant, I will pass on the comments to the restaurant to ensure that procedures are put into place to avoid your experience being repeated. We hope to welcome you at some point in the future.

Lauren Jacomb
Premier Inn Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Impressed with the quietness being close to busy ring road, bed comfort very good as was the friendliness of the staff.It is good to have the choice of eating venues close by.The only downside was the difficulty in parking on return late I the evening.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A nice clean and tidy budget hotel that does exactly what it says on the box. Next door to a Brewers Fayre and opposite a Morrisons so plenty of food options. Good size family room. Bright shower/bath room with good pressure to the shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lauren J, Receptionist at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we hope to welcome you again to Chippenham Premier Inn.

Lydia
Chippenham Premier Inn

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

It is always difficult to review hotels in chains as they are designed and run to a formula. However I do feel that this was one of the better PIs I have visited.
I was a little worried about the recent reviews which makes the hotel down due to building works. Thankfully these have now stopped.
The check in was by machine but I wonder how much this saves the firm given that a receptionist was present and unoccupied. It also means that you get the room you are given rather that being to specify where you would prefer.
We had two rooms. I stayed in one at the back of the hotel on the first floor. (Odd numbers). The room was clean, modern, everything worked and the shower was nice. No mini toiletries but wall mounted dispensers as per the PI norm. The bed was a little firm but I slept well. My room was quiet but my daughter's room suffered from some noise from being near to the hotel entrance. Tip... Avoid low even-numbered rooms if you can.
We had dinner elsewhere but had breakfast at the Brewer's Fayre. I have no grumbles about the food. It was not cordon blue but there was a good choice of hot and cold food and the coffee was good.
The hotel is not in the most glamorous of locations but it is convenient for the road network and a perfectly good place to spend a night or two whilst exploring the area

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We went here for one night as we are looking to move to the area and we were amazed by how great it was. The car park is huge as so is the hotel. Looks great from the outside. Place I think has had work done inside as well and looked amazing, clean and smart. Receptionists were smiley and helpful, the only thing I wasn't keen on was having machines to check us in. They are easy to use but prefer the personal treatment. Room was clean, tidy and warm. Not much noise from rest of the hotel or car park. Short walk from reception to Brewers Fayre. Staff and food was great. Was a slight mix up with food but the manager more than compensated us. The breakfast was lovely as usual except the scrambled egg had shell in it but as long as u check it us fine. Planning to come back here soon with my father

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Tina A

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will perhaps see you again in the future. Good luck with the move!

Lauren J