“Spotless hotel, friendly and amazingly helpful staff”

Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Chippenham
Cornwall
“Spotless hotel, friendly and amazingly helpful staff”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Cannot fault this Premier Inn - the hotel was spotless and the welcome received was very friendly. My eldest daughter and I had an issue during the night which was nothing to do with the hotel, and the man on duty, Tim, was so very helpful (at 3.30am in the morning!!). Would definitely stay here again, but the Brewers Fayre restaurant next door really let it down; the food was dreadful.

We would definitely stay here again (we visited Longleat and it was very convenient for this) but would eat elsewhere.

Many thanks to Tim and all the other friendly and helpful staff :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ChippenhamPremierInn, Reception Team Member at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay here at Chippenham Premier Inn. I am pleased that you recieved a friendly welcome, and that the reception team member helped you at early hours in the morning. With regards to your comments about the Brewers Fayre, I will be sure to inform them in order for them to act upon this, although I do apologise.

Reception Team Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The receptionist was incredibly helpful. The room was immaculate BUT the Bed was very uncomfortable with springs sticking up everywhere. The breakfast was not great. A shame as the hotel is in a good location with free parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChippenhamPremierInn, Reception Team Member at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2015
Thank you for your response. I am pleased that you found the receptionist helpful. I aplogise that the bed was uncomfortable for you. If you experience this again in the future the please do not hesitate to contact a reception team member, they will be able to transfer you to another room if the hotel isn't full, or they will be happy to place a duvet under the sheet to act as a matress topper.

Reception Team Member
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went for a weekend away. This Premier Inn is excellent, great price, with plenty of parking space. On arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful by suggesting restaurants and places to visit. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Brewery fayre next door for nice food, if you did not want to travel out for your evening meal.
Highly recommended. Will book there again when next in area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ChippenhamPremierInn, Receptionist at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the staff service here at Premier Inn Chippenham, and that you were happy with your stay. We look foward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Woolacombe
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great stay , comfortable,all we need in the room, very clean, tidy , excellent to use as a base location if wanting to visit in this area- we went to cribbs causeway,ikea and bath lovely,great 30mins free wifi,good breakfast all you can eat and that really means all you can eat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChippenhamPremierInn, Manager at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at Chippenham Premier Inn. Glad to hear that you found it convenient for your chosen local visits. We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Lauren Jacomb
Premier Inn Manager
Hailsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very clean,quiet and comfortable, staff very helpful in that non invasive way. Booked in advance and got a very good price. We asked for rooms nearer the door as had lots of luggage and the lady changed them no problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ChippenhamPremierInn, Receptionist at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased that you were happy with the standard of our hotel. We look forwad to welcoming you again in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Arrived at around 7pm due to a last minute meeting requirement for the following morning. Nowhere to park, despite the website telling me that free parking was available on site. Asked the lady at reception only to be told to park in the delivery bay on double yellows. Not exactly ideal. Anyway - check in was fine, unpacked and walked across to the pub for a bite to eat. I ordered a steak (well done) at 8:20pm. At 8:22pm it arrived at my table. Totally dumbfounded I asked the waitress was she sure that this was my meal considering I had only ordered two minutes prior! She told me that it was definitely my order, and off she went. I cut the steak to find it completely raw and freezing cold. Anyway - sent it back, new one arrived which was much better. Again - not ideal! After another fiasco I decided to hit the hay. No such luck!! I was in room number 2 which is next door to reception. I was kept awake by guests going in and out, the staff chatting away, and somebody hoovering at 11:30pm! Frustrated I went to reception in my pyjamas (I must have looked like a crazy woman but by this point I just wanted to cry), asked them to please keep the noise down, and after this they were quiet enough. The next day I spoke with a lady who apologised and offered me a full refund under the good night guarantee. This was a much appreciated gesture, but the whole experience has put me off this particular Premier Inn. Doubtful that I would visit again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room number 2!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Ampthill
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had to stay in Chippenham as no rooms anywhere in Bath that weekend. Extremely pleased with hotel, staff, room. Premier Inns are a good bet if you get it at the right price. Had grandson with us and breakfast was a good deal as he ate free.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lauren J, Receptionist at Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased that you were happy with the hotel and staff here at Premier Inn Chippenham. We look forwad to welcoming you again in the future.

Reception
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Beechfield House
Beechfield House
#1 of 1 in Beanacre

Been to Premier Inn Chippenham Hotel? Share your experiences!