“Great Pizza, super service......”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #30 of 117 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is the first Pizza Express that I have tried and I was genuinely surprised at how good it was.SIMPLE menu prepared fresh great Pizza, really as good as they get friendly staff and great service, will I go again, certainly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Further to my last review on this Restaurant i have the following comments to make following a visit last Friday evening at 7.00pm. The Waitress advised us at the outset that there was no chicken available as it was not delivered earlier in the day. It did not particularly bother us, as this did not affect our choice of meal. I would simply like to point out however that surely, rather than just shrugging and accepting the situation and therby dissapointing their customers - why didn't the Management use their initiative and go to the nearest supermarket and procure the necessary shortfall of chicken, and then pass on the cost of that to the supplier or distribution arm that had let them down. There is no lack of nearby supermarkets in Chippenham, and presumably the shortfall of chicken was noticed at a time of day when these supermarkets would be open. Moreover i would guess that one chicken goes quite a long way in its apportionment on pizza's etc, so its not as though they would have to buy a vast quantity. I can almost anticipate what the local Mangement's answer to this would be - "we are not permitted to do this by head office, as we have to use only the products from our nominated suppliers. Well if this is the case i would strongly suggest that they lobby via their Area/ Regional Management structure for a change of policy on this, allowing for such initiatives to be undertaken. If Pizza Express are a progressive company then they are likely to have a scheme for staff suggestions for improved customer service etc, rather than relying on customers like me to do it for them. Hopefully someone at Pizza Express will take note of this, and more importantly act upon it.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Came here thinking express, would be fairly quick how wrong were we?
We waited 45 mins for the starter & then another half hour for the mains. The pizza's were pants & completely tasteless, nice wine tho. Luckily we had BP vouchers for the meal, had we of paid our hard earnt cash I think I would have been rather annoyed. I did raise my concerns to the staff who said they would also rather eat in Pizza Hut. Funny that.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was my first visit to Pizza Express, previously I discounted the venue, thinking it was just another chain. I was wrong, the food was excellent, Pizza was just delicious, service was outstanding, it was a great experience, I have to completely alter my perspective but this was just excellent, question are they all as good as this?

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Not usually a fan of pizza express however had a really nice good lunch here at a reasonable price with good service. New lower calorie foods are great.