“Good food, great service, good value”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #32 of 112 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Good food, great service, good value”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Visited Pizza Express on a Thursday evening for a meal with my fiancé as it was her birthday.

The staff were excellent, they brought the birthday cake (that I had dropped off earlier) with lit candles to the table just after serving our coffees and they were very attentive throughout.

The service was quick and the price very reasonable, we had 2 courses with wine and coffees within an hour and a half, and the bill (after the voucher discount) only came to £45, take out the wine and coffees and that's the same as a takeaway.

The food was tasty and seemed healthy, antipasto sharing platter and thin pizza with salad in the middle for each of us, neither of us felt bloated or stuffed, just satisfied.

Based on my experience I'd recommend it for an evening meal, and I'll be visiting again soon

Bath, United Kingdom
“terrible ,terrible”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

staff very very good,product terrible
i would be too embarrased to put some of their meals in front anyone
nearly £10 for their version of macaroni cheese ,absolutely appalling value ,amount of ingredients in this dish not worth 50p
calzone looks great until you cut into it and discover you have a giant pasty full of nothing
i wonder where some of the contributers of good feedback for this place have eaten in the past

• Visited December 2013
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Reasonable”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I chose this diner for ease of access. I was in Chippo for business and meeting a colleague who did not know the area and neither did I, so this seemed convenient. It was quite cosy and the staff were friendly. A large group of small girls arrived shortly after I did and I briefly thought it was going to be a very noisy evening as it was obviously a birthday party. However the birthday party were taken off to another area of the restaurant and although they were noisy it was not in any way distracting or unpleasant. I had a pizza which was thin (new concept) and rather large, it was ok. My colleague had a Chicken Caesar salad which I'm not sure she really enjoyed. But we were not rushed and conducted our business without any intrusions. It was ok. Nothing to shout about from the rooftops but perfectly acceptable for the occasion.

Visited November 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Pizza, super service......”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the first Pizza Express that I have tried and I was genuinely surprised at how good it was.SIMPLE menu prepared fresh great Pizza, really as good as they get friendly staff and great service, will I go again, certainly.

Visited September 2013
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Why don't they use some initiative ?”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Further to my last review on this Restaurant i have the following comments to make following a visit last Friday evening at 7.00pm. The Waitress advised us at the outset that there was no chicken available as it was not delivered earlier in the day. It did not particularly bother us, as this did not affect our choice of meal. I would simply like to point out however that surely, rather than just shrugging and accepting the situation and therby dissapointing their customers - why didn't the Management use their initiative and go to the nearest supermarket and procure the necessary shortfall of chicken, and then pass on the cost of that to the supplier or distribution arm that had let them down. There is no lack of nearby supermarkets in Chippenham, and presumably the shortfall of chicken was noticed at a time of day when these supermarkets would be open. Moreover i would guess that one chicken goes quite a long way in its apportionment on pizza's etc, so its not as though they would have to buy a vast quantity. I can almost anticipate what the local Mangement's answer to this would be - "we are not permitted to do this by head office, as we have to use only the products from our nominated suppliers. Well if this is the case i would strongly suggest that they lobby via their Area/ Regional Management structure for a change of policy on this, allowing for such initiatives to be undertaken. If Pizza Express are a progressive company then they are likely to have a scheme for staff suggestions for improved customer service etc, rather than relying on customers like me to do it for them. Hopefully someone at Pizza Express will take note of this, and more importantly act upon it.

Visited October 2013