attended a wedding there - was excellent, overseen by the marvellous Hayley. Marvellous venue for a smaller wedding. Beautifully set down in the valley. We stayed in Stoneycombe bedroom for 2 nights, it was very noisey, smelly and hot, even with the window open, as it has the kitchen flue right by window, and also boiler in the room. Luckily there was two sofas in a small lounge area to sit on, on the landing. If you have problems walking or are in a wheel chair BIckley has lots of quirky stairs and a very steep ramp up to the bedrooms, which is too steep for a wheel chair to go down - as we were told by another couple, although access is flat into the bar/restaurant. Beautifully furnished bedrooms, most of the staff are very helpful, pretty gardens, lovely decking area, lots of parking. Don't have a gluten/wheat free menu for those that have to - one of which I am. We were "orange" and "t-mobile" networks, no signal, so had to go for a drive to make a phone call!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 13 En-suite bedrooms are individually styled with crisp white linen and home comforts. Each room is fully equipped with Flat Screen television with DVD player, free wireless broadband access, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers. Separate accommodation entrance for ease of access at all times. Traditional cooked breakfast using local produce. Bathrooms are a delight, with modern contemporary fittings, fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your The Bickley Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bickley Mill Hotel Newton Abbot
- The Bickley Mill Newton Abbot, Devon