Visited Bickley for the first time in about three years last Wednesay with a friend, for dinner. Very average all round. My friend and I ordered 2 G&Ts. First grumble - all of the tonic was poured into the glass. I'm an adult - I can pour my own tonic in and thereby decide how much or how little I want added to the gin. We were then offered a seat in the "snug" which we accepted, not really expecting to still be there 30 minutes later. When we were shown to our table the food arrived pretty quickly but we weren't offered any drinks or to be shown the wine list, we had to ask. My main course was OK (just) but the pudding was pretty grim - we shared a chocolate torte with caramelised hazlenuts ( only 2 hazlenuts were served ! ) The torte itself was dry and was more of a chocolate fudge cake than torte and it tasted as though it had been made with cheap cooking chocolate. All in all , quite a disappointing experience. I haven't been to the Bickley Mill since the new owners took over and I won't be hurrying back either
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 13 En-suite bedrooms are individually styled with crisp white linen and home comforts. Each room is fully equipped with Flat Screen television with DVD player, free wireless broadband access, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers. Separate accommodation entrance for ease of access at all times. Traditional cooked breakfast using local produce. Bathrooms are a delight, with modern contemporary fittings, fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bickley Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bickley Mill Hotel Newton Abbot
- The Bickley Mill Newton Abbot, Devon