We booked an overnighter in this hotel way back in January with booking.com for a Saturday night in July en route home from Cornwall. We arrived at 7pm and had made a dinner reservation the night before. However, despite having our dinner reservation they had double booked our room and given it to another family. Having had the room booked for 6 months we were slightly alarmed. They did apologise and rang around the area to try and get a room or two for our family and offered to pay. We chose to just have dinner and head off back home. They gave us a free meal ( which was delicious) and were apologetic. They also called the following morning to see if we'd got home ok.
We are sad to have missed a night here as the food was divine and the place looked lovely. Lesson learnt- don't trust websites such as booking.com ...and also hotels should double check their bookings. Our kids were really disappointed to miss the proposed trip to Stonehenge en route home and my husband ended up with a very long and trying day of driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 13 En-suite bedrooms are individually styled with crisp white linen and home comforts. Each room is fully equipped with Flat Screen television with DVD player, free wireless broadband access, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers. Separate accommodation entrance for ease of access at all times. Traditional cooked breakfast using local produce. Bathrooms are a delight, with modern contemporary fittings, fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bickley Mill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bickley Mill Hotel Newton Abbot
- The Bickley Mill Newton Abbot, Devon