“Mealtime Curfew !!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Post Code Tq12 6df
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked a table for seven middle aged ladies celebrating a special birthday meal on a Friday night. The meal was fine, I have eaten better myself in other local pubs, but overall the food was okay. The service was good and the drinks arrived quickly, so what is the problem you may ask, by 10pm we were made to feel very unwelcome. Most of the other customers had left and the overall impression we all had was that they wanted us to leave so they could close up. One lady in our party changed her mind about having coffee, but was told 'sorry we've shut the coffee machine down so no coffee available'. Not impressed. I hadn't been here for 10 years prior to this visit and it will now be another 10 years before I go again. We spoke about it in work the next day and all had the same view, we wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank Mags16612

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Another fab meal tonight. Even though they were busy, they managed to squeeze us in, and made us feel very welcome.

1  Thank Mightybluesteve
Reviewed 24 July 2014

the food is excellent but expect a wait. It is always busy but more senior citizens than families.Lovely friendly staff

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Have visited the Two Mile Oak a few times but this is the first time we have eaten. Always a warm welcome with friendly staff and a cosy pub atmosphere. We ordered the fish platter and steak and ale pie from the specials board which were both equally as impressive! And the high quality continued through to dessert- my favourite part! Rocky road and brownie with ice cream again beautifully presented and yummy! Would recommend and will definitely be back!

2  Thank Charlotte P
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great little Inn with plenty of character & lovely welcoming staff. The menu is varied & I would say there is something for everyone. It also seems the food is cooked fresh to order & it comes as you like it. (Cooked right). There is a specials board also & a nice range of desserts to choose from (though we didn't choose a sweet as we were full from the main course). If you're in the area give this eatery a go, I feel sure you won't be disappointed. Gets my vote.