“Very good campsite and meal ”

Dartmoor Halfway Inn
Ranked #34 of 132 Restaurants in Newton Abbot
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This nice pub has an attractive campsite with an excellent pub attached. The pub is large with a lot of inside and outside seating. There is a good selection of beers and a varied menu. I had the Thai curry which was absolutely outstanding, better than curries I have actually eaten in Thailand! Having been closed for a while this place is under new management and is of a high standard. I would certainly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with a group of 8 for a family celebration. We had been there before and expected a similar experience this time around, unfortunately this was not the case.

We only ordered drinks and mains which al arrived in a timely manner. All the food was well presented and thoroughly tasty.

Our only gripe was the amount of time it came to remove our plates and offer us the desert menu. We were all ready to indulge but with the staff taking 45 minutes to come back to our table we had all lost the desire for sweet.

With service as poor as this it certainly detracts from the high standard of food that the chef can deliver.

Am in two minds on whether to return or not.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's not to bad very pleasant staff thanks it was very hot and bread had started to toast on the ends which meant not just made fresh and they didn't bring fries out with sandwich but they were really tasty and the fish cake starter was lush but I did want mussels probably a supply fault that's why average score from me I will try again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived in our motorhome on the hottest weekend of the year. As two weary travellers we arrived at Half Way Inn to enquire whether they had any space on the adjoining campsite. I was greeted by an incredibly helpful host who booked us in. Unfortunately we could only stay one night. The site is superb and kept spotless with good sized pitches.
The pub is lovely, we had a great meal, a very tasty Thai green curry accompanied by a gin & tonic. They had a fabulous range of gin and tonics. The bar and waiting staff were incredibly helpful. The owner was very attentive. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was so busy here at the time of eating but the standards did not drop. I had roast but other people had different meals in my party. I could not have asked for a better Fathers Day. The staff were amazing. They could not have done enough for me and my family which was quite a big table. Delivery Drinks to the table were not a problem. It was just a shame it wasn't quite so nice to sit outside as the little Beach huts are great. The best seat in the house on a lovely summer evening and a glass of wine or two !!! . SEE YOU SOON