“Modern, Convenient and Friendly Staff”

Premier Inn Newton Abbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newton Abbot
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Modern, Convenient and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The staff make this property. At check in/out and whenever you walk through reception there is always some friendly chit-chat.

The rooms are well appointed - comfy bed, plenty of room to work and relax, plenty of plug sockets, etc. The one thing that could be slightly better is the sound insulation and one night I had someone particularly noisy above, but it was no big issue.

Some reviewers have commented on mobile signal and I think it depends on your network, I had good Three coverage on 3G throughout my stay and there was always the hotel WiFi (free for 30minutes) if all else fails.

There is a Tesco 24 hour supermarket and petrol station directly over the road - useful for any bits and pieces you need during your stay.

The attached Beefeater serves good and reasonably priced evening meals and a plentiful and well cooked breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank yhi904
Carl R, Manager at Premier Inn Newton Abbot Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hello yhi904,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Newton Abbot Premier Inn and that you found the team here to be friendly and welcoming, I will pass your comments on to the team here who will be pleased to hear them. I hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Newton Abbot soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Villanova Monteleone, Italy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The staff are professional, extremely efficient, friendly and well informed about the local area. Upon arrival I asked the receptionist the location of a particular shop, he went to the trouble of printing off details and even providing a map with the Inn and the shop marked off. Very impressed.When you make a booking they send very precice and helpful directions for finding the inn. The position of the inn is ajoining the Race course.There is ample parking. The restaurant next door is good value and serves good food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank barbara i
Hello Barbara i,

Thank-you for your fantastic review of your stay with us at premier Inn Newton Abbot, as always our team here do their very best for our guests, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here recently having stayed before and been very satisfied with service, facilities and value. My stay on this occasion (22/05/14) was impacted by an external and continuing noise outside my room (309) such as an extractor fan or generator, and an empty soap dispenser in the otherwise immaculate and good bathroom. Hence lower rating. However, when I emailed my complaint I received immediate, personal and very impressive customer service and a most acceptable resolution to my complaint was proposed, accepted and implemented by the on site Manager.

I would also mention the very cheerful, courteous and helpful welcome I received when I checked into the hotel.

I very often stay at far more expensive and supposedly superior hotels and have seldom experienced such excellent customer service.

I would certainly stay again and do recommend others to stay at this and other Premier Inns.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rosie N
Hello Rosie N,

Thank you for your review about your stay here at Newton Abbot Premier Inn, I am glad you were happy with the way I dealt with your complaint, Myself and the team do strive to give fantastic service and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We used this hotel for a base when attending a wedding on the Saturday
and visited various locations in South Devon on the Sunday we found the
staff very friendly and helpful and could not fault the hotel in any way

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Allan C
Hello Allan C,

Thank you for your review I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us; we really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for us. The comments were lovely and very kind of you, and we hope to see you again soon for another great stay with us at Newton Abbot.
Hayes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We picked this Inn as the location was perfect for touring Torquay/ Teignmouth / Cockington etc without being stuck in any sea side traffic/hunt the parking space, Tesco was just over the road to stock up on any forgotten / wanted items
We had room 311 which gave you a part view of Newton Abbott race course but room 312 (other side) my Dad got a view of Jewson's Yard
From the car park Floor 0 you need to use the lift to floor one where Reception is and also this is the floor for the Beefeater via a walk way bridge (may be not ideal if you don't like walking over bridges. One lift and a bit small
The Premier Inn staff I thought were excellent and friendly (and full marks to Tracy's bubbly manner)
Our room itself was of a normal size but missing a sofa which we've had before, the BIG downside with this Inn is the stupid position of the TV so high up you'll get a stiff neck after 20 mins max ( totally unsatisfactory) and should be at a height of the desk, the room has plenty of room for a free standing TV. Watching the football I had to watch standing up or the alterative was to place the desk chair on top of the bed (but I couldn't risk breaking my neck with any goal)
Channels standard basic freeview ones. TV's far too small. Windows don't open but A/con ok.
At night you hear a constant light hum I think from the aircon which wasn't great (not from ours as it was off but through the vent)

Room Tip: Odd numbers over looking part of the race course although these got much hotter than the even number...
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

stayed here for the night before a race meeting at Newton Abbott race course. hotel is on the race course grounds and therefore very convenient. It is a modern hotel with nice rooms , Freeview TV and coffee tea making. Bar and restaurant is a Beefeater next to hotel with a walkway connecting both buildings. great value stay very friendly staff and everything we wanted. would recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carl R, Manager at Premier Inn Newton Abbot Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hello EBTD,

Thank you for your review I am happy that we were just what you wanted at great value we really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback for us. The comments were lovely and very kind of you, and we hope to see you again soon for another great stay with us at Newton Abbot.
Berkhamsted
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had an overnight stay here, nice clean rooms, very comfy beds.. Had dinner at Beefeater, food ok but long delay for it to arrive! Excellent value breakfast. Would definitely use this hotel again, great value.

Hello SueH5098NL,

Thank you for your kind review about your stay here at Newton Abbot Premier Inn, I am glad you found us to be great value with clean and comfortable room. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton Abbot
The Dartmoor Lodge
#1 of 3 in Ashburton
The Edgemoor Country House Hotel
Ilsington Country House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newton Abbot Hotel? Share your experiences!