“Always excellent!”

Dainton Park Golf Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have lost count of the number of times I have eaten here. Always enjoyable. Food is plentiful and of good quality. The Carvery is delicious with a wonderful choice of vegetables . Puddings are always good too,! Very good value for money. Staff efficient and friendly also

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have left this review until after my 3rd visit to this golf course, to be fair, as my first experience was not good. On EVERY occasion I have visited there is some sort of work going on. I appreciate maintenance is important and that is why this is such a beautiful course, but I do not expect to pay to have heavy, VERY NOISY machinery constantly spoiling my experience.

I complained on the second visit and was told that this was a short term thing, so imagine my annoyance when 6 months later I go back to yet more noisy work. I pity the poor residents that live close to the course, it cannot be pleasant listening to that constantly.

A beautiful golf course in beautiful countryside should equate to a stress reducing, relaxing round of golf. Not at Dainton. Such a shame. I will spend my precious time and money elsewhere - 3 bad experiences is quite enough..

2  Thank 08Travelbug68
Nathan B, Manager at Dainton Park Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Sir,
Sorry to hear that your 3rd visit to Dainton Park was not a successful one.
I understand your point fully and its quite clear that you have been very unlucky with your timings when playing here. We are constantly striving to improve that facilities here at Dainton, something that we receive lots of praise for. Its very unfortunate that the majority of this work needs to be completed in dry conditions when the golf course is generally its busiest, and finding a gap in the tee sheet is next to impossible.
You were very unlucky this time, as this is the first time we have done some work on the course this season, outside of general maintenance. We had an unfortunate accident in the winter when a storm caused a huge oak tree to fall over and smash the protective netting next to our 10th tee, which has had to be replaced. The job required machinery that could only get to that part of the course when the ground was firm which is why we have chose this week.
Should you chose to visit Dainton Park again, and we really hope you do, feel free to call me before your day and i will be more than happy to advise you if any course maintenance is taking place.
Kind regards, Nathan.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Attended a wedding reception here. The room was a perfect size for the number of guests. We were slightly late arriving but were still given the welcome drink. Food was lovely, well presented and service quick and efficient. A very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

a quite challenging golf course with excellent views of the surrounding countryside
a well thought out course wirh some quite difficult holes
very well maintained course with very good greens and fairways
probably wet in the winter as it is on devon clay as with all golf courses in the area

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

It's a very good parkland golf course that everyone can enjoy. Best to book a tee time in advance. Great 19th for meals, snacks and some superb local ales such as "pheasant plucker"