“Lovely relaxed afternoon”

Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Teign Cellars is a craft beer, wine and cider bar that also serves awesome food. But don't be fooled, we are not a restaurant! We do our best to offer perfect customer service, the best drinking experience around and a bad language free zone. We are only human though and we don't always get it right. Most nights we offer a waitress service for food orders, but you are still welcome to order at the bar. We don't offer a drinks service at the table on any night. So if your fed up with the usual line up of drinks and boring food then give Teign Cellars a try
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having had drinks here before, both in the bar and off sales, we had long-planned a visit for lunch (we had seen the platters of goodies coming in a steady stream from the kitchen). Our sense of expectation was not lived up to - it was surpassed!! A great range of beers (Brewed Awakening, Camden Ink and Moor Illusion) helped to wash down the pork belly for me - absolutely delicious, and the mushroom and artichoke en croute for my good lady - scrumptious. Plenty of lovely new spuds and mash and a cauli cheese to die for helped it on its way. We found the service to be very friendly and efficient. We would certainly return with our teenage boys who would love the good, wholesome food which would fill their hollow legs. An absolute gem of a place.

Chris L, Owner at Teign Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks for your review of Teign Cellars, it means a lot to us that you took the time to write a review about us. My heart sunk when I read the first part of your review, thankfully I read on. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and we exceeded expectations. Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks again

Reviewed 25 May 2014

it was my birthday and I live in newton abbot I heard about this place from my hairdresser she told me I should go there and it was truly amazing so glad I went there the place is spotless Also the staff were so efficient friendly they could not do enough and always came over and asked if everything was ok I had pork belly omg it was the most beautiful dish ever the portion sizes are huge and the quality was first class the drinks are great to there cider so smooth so much selection so if your in newton abbot for a day or on holiday or just wondering where to go to eat please go to teign cellars nothing compares you will just want to go back for more top marks teign cellars keep up your amazing service

Chris L, Owner at Teign Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us, we are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place's focus is on beer, cider and pub food. It does all three exceedingly well. For those of you wanting fine wines, nouvelle cuisine or child friendly facilities, you will soon become aware that you are in the wrong place. I am amazed one reviewer ever thought to stay with their young children, even after having it explained..... The selection of beers is astonishing, ciders ditto, and the food is good honest pub food, very well done. I don't know what Newton Abbot has done to deserve a place like this!

Chris L, Owner at Teign Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us, it genuinely means a lot to us when people take time to write reviews about their experiences with us. We really appreciate the comments you made.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went to Teign Cellars for the first time with my son and daughterinlaw and grandson. My son kept telling me how the new owner had turned the pub around. Fantastic display of bottled beers. The food was excellent. The waitress was very friendly. Would visit again.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us, it genuinely means a lot to us when people take time to write reviews about their experiences with us. It seems like you really enjoyed your visit but only marked us a 4/5. I was wondering what we could have done to improve that score to a 5/5?

Reviewed 13 April 2014

First visit and wasn't disappointed. Table for 6 in the downstairs section away from the bar. Really enjoyed the food. Good atmosphere as a busy Saturday night. Drinkers were away from us at the bar area but the noise and atmosphere was good. No rush to leave and in fact stayed all evening. Would recommend. Waiting staff using new 'tablets' to take orders, still getting used to them which meant slight problem with order, but staff couldn't do enough to rectify.

1  Thank Sam S