“Best Indian for miles! We should know we drive 15 miles each way!”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
“Best Indian for miles! We should know we drive 15 miles each way!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had yet another fantastic meal here in January. It is without a doubt the best for miles around. My only comment would be the new waiter is very intrusive (student from the Uni). Very keen to chat even when you ar literally tying to eat. Service prior to this has always been discreet but attentive. Excellent food as always and a real pleasure to be welcomed like friends as we eat here so often even though we have to travel 15 miles to get here.

• Visited January 2014

“My favourite place to eat!!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We have been here plenty of times and had numerous takeaways!!

You get a better customer service from the staff, especially in comparison to the Eastern Eye down the road.

Prices and food are excellent!!!

Everyone we have taken have been again and again!!

Cannot fault at all.

Exeter, United Kingdom
“It was good, but not amazing”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I went here with some friends and we had the buffet. The staff were very friendly, but a bit too friendly! They came over ALOT to check if everything was okay, but it seemed to be about every 5 mins at one point! The buffet was okay, there wasn't loads of choice. There was chicken korma, chicken tikka masala and something else, and then bhaji, nan, and some other bits. I think it's nicer food when you order it off the menu instead of at the buffet, as it seemed a bit watery. It was good, not awful but not amazing.

• Visited December 2013
Isle of Arran, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A good place to go again”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Indian food is not my favourite food, I do not like Curry and I am a 75% vegetarian. So, my wife draw me into this restaurant and because its décor was everything but indian I accepted the challenge. We explained to the head waiter what I like and not like and left everything to them. I really got a good three course meal and if we are there again, we would eat in this restaurant. My wife was also full of praise for her dishes.

• Visited November 2013
Newton Abbot
“Best Indian in Newton Abbot”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have tried all 4 Indian restaurants in newton Abbot and this has everything, every dish tasted superb, great value for money, great service, would certainly recommend this restaurant to all friends. Tue eve is banquet night excellent value for money, if you have not been you must go. Only downside is no sambuca after meal.

Visited October 2013