“best indian food in a long while”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Service good. Clean and modern restaurant.
Food excellent arrives hot (temp)
Lamb dhall Kabuli -perfect.
Tarka dahl - out of this world.
Lamb biryani - wow.
Nans and chappatis all freshly cooked.
would recommend - standard prices

2  Thank Day T

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Saffron was recommended by a friend who likes good food she was right we had a good quality meal at Saffron not greasy and good quality meat not always the case in Indian restaurants.
Flavours were excellent .
Don't think bad reviews are very objective for example buffet meals at Indian rest. are always for the snouts in trough brigade.

Service was polite and they cared about our opinion

Go and try it

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well we were here for a friends surprise birthday, we had eaten here before and last time was lovely ....This time totally the oppersit.

We arrived abit late and joined the table just in time for the drinks order, I ordered a coke, the waiter asked me if I would like regular or large, I said large please. When the drinks order arrived at the table he shouted from the other end down the table a pint of coke , I said oh yes large coke is me, his reply was " yes pint and large are the same thing actually " which i thought was very rude! The waiter seem to be rude throughout the night Shame to because other staff were lovely.

We ordered food and meals came, i ordered chicken tikka Masala, it was awful! No taste what so ever was just like a bowl of cream with chicken in it! So disappointed.

I don't think I would now go back to there again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

you can get a decent meal and reasonable priced. Certain evenings do meal deals . Portions and quality are good too. You can relax and chat and not feel hurried. Overall Good place to eat

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a delightful place very good service, very helpful too in choosing the right meal for the customer. Food well presented and hot (as in temperature). Would go again.