“Very poor , rude staff and one of the barmaids thort it was ok to take a sip off my drink !!”
Review of Saffron - CLOSED

Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would never go here again as we waited over 2 hours and still did not eat !! The staff were rude all the drinks were flat and it was dirty . We went with family and friends and we were all very disappointed .

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Danjc50

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Long wait, average food ”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 9pm after unsuccessfully trawling through town looking for somewhere to eat. We ordered drinks and food quickly, but waited over an hour before the meals arrived.

When the food came the service was laughable at best, rude at worst. The food was ok, but we were all starving by the time we ate!

Staines, United Kingdom
“best indian food in a long while”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Service good. Clean and modern restaurant.
Food excellent arrives hot (temp)
Lamb dhall Kabuli -perfect.
Tarka dahl - out of this world.
Lamb biryani - wow.
Nans and chappatis all freshly cooked.
would recommend - standard prices

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Day T
Devon
“reliable indian restaurant”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Saffron was recommended by a friend who likes good food she was right we had a good quality meal at Saffron not greasy and good quality meat not always the case in Indian restaurants.
Flavours were excellent .
Don't think bad reviews are very objective for example buffet meals at Indian rest. are always for the snouts in trough brigade.

Service was polite and they cared about our opinion

Go and try it

• Visited April 2014
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a shame!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well we were here for a friends surprise birthday, we had eaten here before and last time was lovely ....This time totally the oppersit.

We arrived abit late and joined the table just in time for the drinks order, I ordered a coke, the waiter asked me if I would like regular or large, I said large please. When the drinks order arrived at the table he shouted from the other end down the table a pint of coke , I said oh yes large coke is me, his reply was " yes pint and large are the same thing actually " which i thought was very rude! The waiter seem to be rude throughout the night Shame to because other staff were lovely.

We ordered food and meals came, i ordered chicken tikka Masala, it was awful! No taste what so ever was just like a bowl of cream with chicken in it! So disappointed.

I don't think I would now go back to there again.

• Visited April 2014