“A treat from our son”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Wellington, United Kingdom
“A treat from our son”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

It was a good experience but not one we will be doing again. The staff...... yes friendly. but the room was cold and although there was more than enough food it was not of the best quality the scones had to much baking powder in and this meant they left a harsh taste in the mouth. The sandwiches were delightful and personally I really enjoyed my share. The sweet side though was not great at all. The room it self was not over inspiring in fact it was basic and a little uninviting.
we had travelled quite a long way for this experience and sadly what the travelling costs were we felt we could have done something with a better feel good factor than Sampson's Farm

1 Thank AnnM353
nigelbell, General Manager at Sampsons Farm, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
It is regretful that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate your comments and have liased with the kitchen staff on how we can improve our standards. If you would like to contact us we would be happy to send you a voucher as a gesture of goodwill for you to use another time.

“Fab !!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I just want to say what a fabulous evening we had being wined and dined in the cosy atmosphere of Sampsons restaurant ! Great food and attentive staff !! We will back !!

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Lovely afternoon”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It was my first experience visiting Sampsons Farm. I took my mum there for lunch as a birthday treat and I can honestly say it was a very enjoyable experience! Excellent service and great food! Would definitely visit again!

Devon United Kingdom
“Lovely afternoon tea”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Having purchased this afternoon tea deal via Groupon. I am pleased to report back on the good service, generous portions and reasonable quality of food received at this venue. The farm itself is quaint and attractive. The staff were friendly and attentive. With the voucher we felt it was good value ! Overall worth a visit and would recommend to friends.

1 Thank shazzatonge
nigelbell, General Manager at Sampsons Farm, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
hello
Thank you for your review,it is always appreciated feedback..
London, United Kingdom
“A place to avoid”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I can only think that the good service is strictly reserved for those who don't complain about the terrible food and equally terrible service that it is served with. We ordered four meals, only one of which was even close to edible. When we refused to eat them, we were treated like criminals and all but forced to leave. The next day my elderly mother took ill and remained poorly for over a week. Avoid their food like the plague, unless the plague is what you want to eat.

hello
Thank you for your feedback although I am sorry you did not have a positive experience.Please can you call me so I am able to clarify exactly what you were not happy with and what staff were looking after you on the day you all visited us.I have run this business for 30 years and I have never asked anyone to leave,I have always endeavored to sort the problem at the time of the complaint..