“pre wedding trip”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

so comfortable so glad we found this lovely farm for our daughter's guests. food good beautifull bedroom's so lovely special people could'nt find better. had great

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having driven down in the wind and rain we were greeted by a warm roaring fire in the lounge.
Although we had booked, the room was quickly checked and the heating was turned on as we checked in. It took quite a while to heat up with the bathroom radiator getting warmer but the bedroom radiator stayed just below tepid. I wished that had been done before we arrived though, especially as it was so wet and chilly outside.
The room was pretty and clean except from a few cobwebs hanging from the ceiling which were noticeable as the ceiling was white. The duvet cover had not been ironed, at a glance it made me wonder if it had been used but it was clean. . Bathroom was clean with nice white soft towels. Tea and coffee facilities, flat screen TV. Plenty of space to park. Lovely view from the windows.
Sadly no evening meals on a Monday (which we had already been told) but we were recommended other places to eat. Nothing within walking distance which wasn't a problem if you knew. We were served a drink in the lounge on our return.
Breakfast on both days were plentiful and a good start to the day. Nice fresh produce and not greasy. Good selection of cereal, fruit and yoghurt. Lots of tea and coffee and very friendly atmosphere. Evening meal again was plentiful and a leisurely time.
Afterwards we sat in the lounge which again had a roaring fire, it was lovely,warm and cosy. It was more like someone's home than a hotels.
Not a criticism, just a comment. Maybe the seats covers where a bit tired and could have done with the cushions being plumped up. I noticed the next morning they were the same as they had been left the night before. There was a stack of board games for all to use and soft music to be heard.
Staff were friendly, helpful and lovely to chat to. If you want or need something just ask. They were more than happy to try and help.
Its not a big posh place but charming and quaint.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I have had an amazing stay Sarah, Nigel, Eliza luke and Jess are lovely and the course I'm doing is fantastic I have learnt so much and our room 'The Penthouse' was stunning I recommend everyone to come here whether u love art or just some peace and tranquilly

1  Thank Zoe S
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We rented a flat for three days, here. We took my in-laws who were on holiday from India. What a mistake! - the accommodation was scruffy and badly appointed. The internal walls had been knocked with something resembling cardboard. The carpets had been hacked by a very amateur carpet fitter, and the mismatched scruffy was was not comfortable, We were lucky that it didn't rain so we were able to get out.
We prefer to book 'self catering' as we, rarely, get better food outside of our home. However, we had to borrow cooking equipment from their restaurant kitchen. Even a pan, big enough for spaghetti, had to be borrowed. The kitchen cabinets were falling apart and smelling of stale milk (or something worse). On our last day there, we decided to eat at Sampson's restaurant. Probably the worst food that anyone has ever served to me in any restaurant.
There were good sides to this visit, though. The people running the place were friendly and tried to help - supplying towels and some basic kitchen equipment. The many varieties of chickens, running free, were delightful as were the goats and the Indian runner ducks.
But this does not make up for, neither, the accommodation or the restaurant food.
Will not be returning.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband Joe and I went for a three course xmas meal and we both enjoy the food it was the right amount of food on the plate so we didn't waste any