“Soup maybe good - but try the haddock fishcakes.....and the size of the cakes!!”

The Old Bank Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a very nice lunch here on Saturday. With the start of Autumn, something warm was needed and the haddock fishcakes were absolutely right - really tasty - went well with the 2 glasses of wine.

Service was excellent - the girls were really friendly and efficient. Sitting by the cake counter - I can honestly say I've never seen such huge looking cake, though being full with the first course, we didn't try.

As a previous reviewer said though, there is something plain about the decor, which doesn't draw you in in the way you'd hope and is the only thing that stops me marking it as excellent.

I'd definitely go back though if passing through Callendar again.

• Visited October 2013

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Very tasty food, served with a smile!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have been in this establishment a number of times and always found the food and service to be great! Good selection of home cooked soups and sandwiches always available, all at reasonable prices. Great coming here in the winter, as they have a real log fire, which fairly warms the cockles!

We will continue to use this restaurant as it has proved its worth, over and over!

• Visited August 2013
Washington, United Kingdom
“Gluten Free”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times over the past 5 yrs and have always found the food excellant, They have a seperate gluten free menu which saves all the searching and asking of questions usually needed. I found it easy enough to get in with my electric wheelchair and access the toilet. They do both eating in and takeaway which I found useful when the rest of the family wanted a takeaway from somewhere that dosn't cater for gluten free.
The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. Only problem is they only serve during the day and not in the evening but everyone needs time off.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Car0line59
Crianlarich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, child friendly, gluten free menu and great food made with care!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stumbled across this place by accident with my 6 month baby. There was space to get the pram in, several highchairs and the staff are all really friendly and made us feel at home. They have a large gluten free menu including quite a few different cakes so I returned with my gluten free mother for lunch. The food was lovely, with the vegetable quiche being delicious and coming with a large and very varied salad and chips. The salad included grapes, nectarine, potato salad, a bean salad and coleslaw which was unexpected and really tasty. My mum was in heaven with the cake selection she could have. It is unassuming to look at but the food is obviously made with great care and thought and this makes it stand out. It appears a favourite for older couples but is totally perfect for families and people who love their food! We will definitely be returning and I have my loyalty card ready for its next stamp!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dunfraoich
Cam, United Kingdom
“Go there for the soup!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We'd been here 2 years ago and made a point of going back the next time we were staying in the area. A bowl of their delicious home-made soup and a sandwich makes an excellent light lunch at a very reasonable price. There are also cooked meals for those wanting something more substantial, but whatever else you have to eat, don't miss the soup!

• Visited September 2013