“Food experience was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Waverley Hotel

The Waverley Hotel
Valderrobres, Spain
“Food experience was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We visited Callander on our way back home from Aberfoyle. we stopped in The Weaverly hotel for dinner. It was terrible. The worse meal I have had by far. I would not recommended it all. We decided to go for Mothers Day special. £16.50 for a starter, main and a pudding. Good price we thought, but it was awful. The starters were dissapointing but the main was un-edible. What sounded good on the menu was nothing more that fried or half roasted green peppers (bitter) with pastry and a little egg. I can eat nearly anything but I could not really have my main. My merangue also had a funny taste. I felt robbed. I would have not paid more than £10 for my meal. I cannot comment on room quality but as a food place it is not recommended. It looked more like a place for drinking. The beer selection looked very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Soniafm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here with my mum overnight as a treat for mothers day and it was brilliant. Staff were great room was spacious with separate sitting area. Room was light and very clean. Had evening meal which we were very pleased with and the breakfast was plentiful with plenty options.

Room Tip: Room 2 which has separate sitting area
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Yet again we find ourselfs in the Waverly Bar..And again made most welcome.Staff attentive and most pleasent..Always a good atmosphere within...The fact that the bar was busy,made no difference to the service,which was very good.This bar does good coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stopped in here to have a pub dinner, was expecting typical pub grub but to be honest we got a lot less.
I ordered mac and cheese and my boyfriend ordered a burger and chips. Mac and cheese was barely edible tasted as if it was powdered cheese from a pack ( no home cooked food here) and for me that is simply not good enough for almost £10 a plate. Garlic bread that came with it was tasty but exceptionally greasy. My boyfriends burger was a frozen one, a bit of a letdown considering the price per plate.
On the plus side it had a nice sort of local charming atmosphere and the staff were lovely and very friendly.
Would not return due to the poor food though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have just returned from a few nights stay over New Year. This is the 3rd time we have visited and this hotel gets better every time.
Great food, staff, atmosphere and location. Rooms are well equipped, clean and tidy. The owners are fantastic and offer a warm welcome.
I'll be back there in a couple of months without doubt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We popped in here for a coffee with our dog. Coffee was wonderful. Lovely pub with very nice dining area. Good prices too. Bar staff was very friendly. I would definitely go here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions, I had the pleasure of staying in the family suit it is a amazing great big room plenty space, well decorated bathroom, clean and fresh, their double rooms are clean fresh too well maintained, linen was clean and faultless Breakfast was plentiful lots to chose and endless cups of tea, nice breakfast room looking out to main road, there wasn't much staff around you have to look for them if needing something, help full tho, will be staying again soon, prices are good value for the service and room you receive, parking is on the street across from the hotel

Room Tip: Family room is very spacious, its like a wee self contained flat
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple