“Great”

Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned pub/restaurant offering local fresh produce in the beautiful surroundings of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Disabled accessible and family/dog friendly.
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Great food, great beer, great place!!

The portions are generous and food is all home cooked. Wish it was closer to Newcastle.

tiger2812, Manager at The Lade Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of us at The Lade Inn. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We visited the Lade Inn on Easter Sunday. We were welcomed with a lovely fire in the bar after getting cold on a walk there. They brew their own beer which I have to say is lovely. You can even buy the beer to take home and I got as much as I could carry as we were walking. The food was lovely and none of us could finish the portions. We will definitely be going back there again before we leave at the end of the week.

This is definitely worth a visit just to try the beer.

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit to The Lade Inn and the warm fire after your walk. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

My wife and I ate here on our first night ( of two) staying in Callander- a couple of miles down the road. Very adequate food, served most pleasantly and washed down (in my case) with two of the house beers brewed by Traditional Scottish Beers in Stirling which were most acceptable and tasty. Stopped on our way past the next day and I bought a few beers from the adjacent Scottish Real Ale shop. If you are in the area and enjoy proper beer do visit. Over 170 different beers from 35+ Scottish breweries.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is a great example of a country Inn.
The welcome was warm and friendly, we immediately felt at home.
The food is very good but be warned the portions are HUGE. For me they were too big, I would have loved to try a dessert but I was just too full!
They have their own Beer on tap - what a bonus. Excellent it was too. The bar area is quite small especially when the folk band is playing but you can sit in the top end of the restaurant and listen if you like.

This would be my first port of call anytime I am in the area. I wish it was closer to home.

tiger2812, Manager at The Lade Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review regarding The Lade Inn. We are very happy to hear your kind feedback and are glad that you enjoy coming to The Lade. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Monday evening in early March meant it was very quiet, nonetheless a full menu was available. Service times were very good. The portion size was enormous so if you're having a starter you would be wise to opt for the smaller main courses which are on offer alongside the standard mains. The food is good and very tasty but we thought the decor was looking a little 'tired'. Overall very good.

Frankiechelsea, Owner at The Lade Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Glad you enjoyed your meal, but disappointed about your comments about the decor we are a traditional inn and invest each year to improve our facilities. In December and January we painted the entire inside of the inn, every room from the kitchen, the bar, the restaurant, hall through to the toilets, and this month we are near to completing painting the whole outside thanks to the last couple of weeks being dry. We have an on going programme to refurbish our tables and chairs, but we want to maintain their quirky mixture and style. I am at a loss as to what more we can do???