Review Highlights
Scenic views and some challenging holes

We enjoyed our 18 holes at Callander GC courtesy of Itison voucher. Staff welcome was excellent in... read more

Reviewed 26 September 2018
Richard B
Cupar, United Kingdom
Charming Golf course

On arrival at Callander Golf club we received a very warm welcome in the pro shop. The facilities... read more

Reviewed 17 July 2018
barberpaul6
East Calder, United Kingdom

All reviews friendly welcome par holes winter greens pro shop breakfast rolls stunning views well worth a visit fairways clubhouse challenges rounds play gc logging trees
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Just home after a round at Callander Golf Club this morning. It’s a 50 mile round trip for us but well worth the travel and we will definitely play it again.
Like most courses in the area, the greens have suffered through this extended dry spell but you won't catch a Glaswegian complaining about the sunny weather.
If you are looking for a challenging course, stunning scenery, a nice bite to eat and a friendly welcome, give it a try.
Well worth a visit.

Date of experience: July 2018
CALLANDERGOLFCLUB, Manager at Callander Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank You for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed your day.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We went up to Callander a couple of weeks ago and to say it's the worst I have played is an understatement, place should be shut down. The so called greens have never been watered during the dry weather we've experienced recently, they were brown and full of sand.

Such a shame as the bar staff and food was great. I asked a few members what had happened to the place and they said the female green keeper chucked it a few months back and they had just replaced her.

Don't waste your time or money, we will never be back and should have got a full refund.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Kevin M
CALLANDERGOLFCLUB, Greens Convenor at Callander Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment.
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your days golf but appreciate your positive comments about our catering services.
Our greens are watered in the evenings during dry periods but I accept that they were not up to our usual standard at the time you played.
We have had a very difficult winter period which impacted on the condition of the greens.
However, they are now much improved but not yet at the high standard we are aiming for.
We would welcome you back at any time.
If you have a change of mind about playing here again please contact our secretary to discuss.
Kind regards
Greens Convenor

Reviewed 13 June 2018

9th June 2018.
Well what a waste of a days golf.
The greens and fairways were the worst we have played in.
We will never return ever ever again.
0 out of 10.
Stay clear please.
John from hamilton.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank j c

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment.
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your days golf and do not intend playing here again.
In defence of our greens staff we had suffered our worst ever winter period with thirty two days of snow cover and constant rain at other times.
The course is now very much improved and our visitors are enjoying decent fairways and much improved greens.
We still have more work to do to achieve the high standard we have set ourselves and would welcome you back at any time.
Please contact our secretary in this regard if you have a change of mind.
Kind regards
Greens Convenor

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I play at Callander reasonably regularly and always enjoy my visits, I probably visit 5 times a year or so.

The course has excellent clubhouse facilities and a friendly welcome is always assured.

I've played the course at all times of year and always found it to be in good condition but I think its fair to say it did suffer this year in our exceptionally wet summer, which is a shame. Like many other courses it never really had time to recover and this was evident through August, September, October.

Good deals can be had on TeeOffTimes, or play in the winter when a round is at £12 paid in an honesty box. My only slight criticism would be that I think the walk up prices for summer rounds are a wee bit steep. I'd always rather book direct with the club than through ToT but the usual difference here is so large I'll usually book through the third party if playing in the summer.

I would say if you are thinking about playing this course but are put off by some of the recent reviews, don't be, it's a lovely little course in an amazingly peaceful setting with stunning views and some very challenging par 3 holes.

Date of experience: October 2017
CALLANDERGOLFCLUB, Manager at Callander Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for kind comments regarding the course and i am glad that you enjoy your visits to the course and the welcome that you receive.

I will look into the walk up prices for next season.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Given we are into September I can't complain and having played this course previously with better conditions underfoot. The course at times was unplayable due to poor drainage particularly around the greens with the balls plugging even in the fairways at times. Several holes are in good conditions but the sheer amount of surface water made me wonder should it have been open. Can't fault the staff and as part of the deal you got a filled roll however staff allowed you to chop and change. The home baking was a nice touch. No card reader in the bar though so bring some cash. Will need to reattend when the course isn't so waterlogged.

Date of experience: September 2017