“Delcious food, beautifull presented by charming staff”

Roman Camp Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food is delicious. I do not agree with foie gras which did appear on one of the menues but there are many choices from a set menu to a la carte and you can mix and match. The dining room, lounge and bar areas are veryopulent and comfortable and you are completely relaxed in a wonderful atmosphere.
The prices are at the higher end of dining but the service, staff and quality of the food is excellent in every way. They also have really tasty pre dinner nibbles (the haggis bon bons are amazing) and a pre-dessert of a minature strawberry and raspberry milkshake had incredible flavour.The fresh green pea soup was full of flavour too. As I did not eat veal the halibut alternative was really good. There is something for everyone on the menu and it a real treat to dine in such fine relaxing surroundings with very pleasant staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were staying in Stirling and had driven to Oban for the day and were looking for somewhere for dinner on our way back. A very old Lonely Planet guide said the Roman Camp Hotel had "good" food so we passed by the pubs and other restaurants and headed down the long drive. What a surprise. It was beautiful and we wished we were there for the weekend. The dinner was wonderful (at least as good as at The Witchery where we stayed and dined the following night - a planned visit not like this one) and the service was excellent. My husband and I were especially impressed that although we were not dressed for the occasion, as were most others in the dining room (jeans and t-shirts but I did have lipstick!), the service was still great and we did not feel at all uncomfortable.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Dinner was of an excellent standard - both in presentation and taste and the staff were courtesy personified. I can highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had the pleasure of having a dinner recently with a large group at Roman Camp. We started with drinks and light hors d'oevres in what seemed like a library setting. After that, we were escorted to the dining area for our meal to begin. I am not usually a fine dining type of person, but I did enjoy the meal and the experience.

It was not an overly stuffy setting and food was amazing. We had a seared halibut first course, along with a mint compote of some sort (not my favorite), a celeriac soup, and a main beef course.

If you have an opportunity to stay at the hotel or you are near Callander, I would recommend a stop by Roman Camp if you are in the mood for a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This place is worthwhile for it setting and atmosphere alone. Really charming and as british as it gets. The quitness and cozyness is fantastic - the tea, sandwiches and soup allright, but not a highlight. The service was however immatriculate and we are planning to go back for a stay in the hotel as well.