“Top of the trossachs”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Eaten here many times and have never been disappointed .tonight I had the special rib of beef,and homemade blueberry cheesecake ,must have had half a punnet of mouth popping blueberries.awesome. Steak as always cooked to perfection and melt in the mouth,perfectly seasoned in a pepper sauce.
One of my friends had the seabass (he,s a picky eater and he cleared his plate ) my other pal had a Cajun chicken served with sweet potatoes,the aroma from her plate made me want to swap,and my final friend had ordered the beef olives, plentiful servings of tender meatiness .needless to say we didn't have room for afters but had them anyway,3sticky toffee puddings ,one cheesecake and an icecream yes 5 desserts and four punters, I had to try the cheesecake ... Sticky toffee pudding in a bowl swimming in a rich syrup toffee sauce and the most perfect icecream.
We had a booking made at the last minute which could not be accommodated at the time we requested but the team jiggled us in at a time when they could and asked us to be flexible on leaving, we could we did and how perfect our evening was. I knew the food and service would not disappoint so we were more than happy to go when it was most convenient for the team.
Owner and master chef mark came out to welcome us as always and his wonderful staff of prasad and brook looked after us all evening,with impeccable service,charm and humour ,thanks chaps.
I feel sad that I haven't reviewed this restaurant before,as it is MY FAVOURITE place to eat locally,but I think this might be my only review of anywhere locally actually in the uk, so mark take note your place truly is my favourite.
It's situated in a wonderful part of the world Scott's bistro really is top of the trossachs for many reasons, go and you'll see what I mean. Believe me it's worth the journey.
Top quality food,freshly cooked to order and affordable. Brilliant staff throughout ,wonderful views,spotlessly clean premises, I cannot fault a thing about this place ....... I actually can't.
I'm already thinking of my next visit as I sit here rubbing my expanding waist line.
It's quite a small premis so you have to book and note to everyone they are closed on a Tuesday .
Thank you to my pals for making tonight special, but huge thanks to mark and his team for looking after us as always...sx

2  Thank shoneblether
There are newer reviews for Scott's bistro

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived for a pre-dinner drink & asked if he had any bubbly. Gave us a choice & a 'deal' on some Proseco he had left from a wedding - £12.50 a bottle, which set the scene for a great evening. Haggis with clapshot starter was excellent as was the black pudding with warm potato salad (excellent presentation). Cullen skink was one main course & steak, ale & mushroom pie was the other.
Again, excellent, friendly service (we asked for cheese, which he's getting in for our next visit). Can't fault it or wait to go back :)

1  Thank MikeChev
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have visited Scott's on numerous occasions whilst staying at Tigh Mor. It never disappoints! The choice, quality and presentation of the meal from their Scottish themed menu was excellent. The service is very friendly and efficient. We consider it to be very good value for money. I highly recommend Scott's if you are staying at the adjacent HPB property.

1  Thank Grumpywise
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Very tasty fairly traditional fare served in a pleasant (if unimaginative) restaurant that is located within the Holiday Property Bod complex at Tigh Mor (Scotts is a separate business)

Friendly staff, attentive services, quite pricey (think big city prices in the middle of nowhere)

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My boyfriends parents regularly stay at Tigh Mor and often use the bistro. We visited for birthday meal and everything was delicious! The staff were lovely and the owner/manager came over at the end of the meal to check everything was ok. Fab food, atmosphere and service and you cannot fault the price for the quality and choice of food!

1  Thank claireabella85