“Warm hospitality - gluten free deliciousness”
Review of Deli Ecosse

Deli Ecosse
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: post code fk17 8bl next door to the rob roy centre callander scotland
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Warm hospitality - gluten free deliciousness”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friend and I went to Deli Ecosse when we were visiting Callander. We asked a local person where they would go and they pointed us to the deli, which was just off the high street and we probably would have missed it otherwise. They were wonderfully hospitable and friendly, even bringing a table in from outside and drying it off, so we could sit down. We had cauliflower cheese soup which was amazing, and they gave me some wonderful gluten free bread - not the stuff from a shop that most cafes serve, but something amazing which tasted like home baked granary bread - it was light, held together well and so tasty - a perfect lunch with friends in a beautiful little building, like an old chapel. Some of the best wheat-free bread I have ever had. Thanks!

• Visited April 2014

Selkirk, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stopped in Callander to try and find a sandwich en route westwards, now admittedly it was quarter to five. We saw the deli and looked in. I saw the sign that said last orders at 430 and thought we would be cutting it fine. A blonde haired lady asked cuss if we'd like anything and we asked if they'd consider making a sandwich. Without consideration the answer was no. Now we kind of expected that but you know, it was only one sandwich, was that so difficult? Having travelled extensively and having received some pretty outstanding customer service over the years, would it have hurt to say "we've actually stopped serving, but if it's to take out I'll rustle one up for you, what would you like" or "we've actually stopped serving as we are about to close for the night, sorry we can't help" instead we got an unsmiling straight "no".
In many other parts of the UK and most certainly in America, staff would be so helpful but clearly not in Deli Ecosse, Callander. Heedless to say we never bothered considering looking at or buying anything from what looked like a decent deli counter.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Linglie
“Great lunch venue in heart of Callander”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a huge fan of this cosy cafe and deli.

Centrally located in Callander, this is a great lunch venue. It serves great homemade soup, sandwiches etc and always had a good variety of specials.

Has a good selection of deli products, such as cheeses and olives.

Don't miss out on the haggis and mozzerella paninis!

• Visited January 2014
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Excellent coffee and cakes ...”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We often stop at this cafe/deli when travelling via Callandar because it serves excellent coffee, very good cakes, and is always friendly. It has a lovely wood burner in the centre of this nicely appointed and individual cafe. On top of this, it's very good value.

Visited March 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Deli-cum-cafe”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I go in now and again for a soup & sandwich, and have had several full breakfasts here over the last couple of years.

It's reasonable value for money and worth a visit for a quick snack. The sandwiches are consistently good and I do quite enjoy the soup selection although they seem to be all always completely vegetarian. As one of nature's carnivores I miss a meaty stock/ingredient in a soup and seeing as there's usually a choice of soups I would request one be meaty/fishy..?

The full breakfasts I've had are a decent fry-up. Not exceptional - but they've been well cooked and tasty. I've never left hungry.

The tables are at close quarters though - with small, upright chairs. Whilst complaining about that I do understand that this place is designed more for the convenience of wee old ladies than it is for 6'+ guys.

The staff are consistently friendly and helpful.

3.5. stars.