“I would come back!”

Deli Ecosse
Ranked #14 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Post Code Fk17 8bl Next Door To The Rob Roy Centre Callander Scotland
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We dropped in for a nice cup of tea and a sandwich, and did not leave the cafe disappointed. One of us ordered a full vegetarian breakfast and just loved it, a plate full of tasty veggie food! Deli Ecosse is centrally located in Callaner (though not on Main Street), and it might be difficult to find an available table because it seems the place is quite popular.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spotted the sandwich board for this deli just off the high street and decided to pop in for a coffee after walking to Bracklinn Falls.

Great fresh coffee and a delicious mango smoothie - we sat outside by the church as it was a lovely sunny day. Lovely polite service and a great coffee stop. If we'd had time later on in the holiday we would have popped back for breakfast as I spotted they catered for vegetarians and the breakfasts looked good value.

Inside there is also a well stocked deli and I picked up a couple of items at a good price.

1  Thank FoodieHarrogate
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Today is perhaps the third time I have visited this gem of a cafe/deli over a number of years. It has gradually moved from a deli to a cafe to a delightful hidden away place for a simple meal. Today we just had panninis and sandwiches, served with excellent coffee and helpful service. The menu is actually quite extensive however. I could not leave without also buying a number of unusual items from the smaller but still interesting deli.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Having googled Vegan and Callander a Trip Advisor review for Deli Ecosse appeared. I sent a message to the owner explaining that we were looking for Sunday brunch for one Vegan and three Carnivores. A very full description of the options available to my Vegan friend followed and we decided to visit.
Prices are excellent and my friend was bowled over by the range of options available to her. The Red Pepper and Tomato soup was delicious and the bowl was huge!! No 1 son proclaimed the breakfast rolls to be the best he has ever had.
Staff were friendly and took lots of time to discuss the Vegan options which even run to cakes! Unfortunately, the lunch portions were so huge we had no room for cake. Looks like we will just have to return!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friend and I went to Deli Ecosse when we were visiting Callander. We asked a local person where they would go and they pointed us to the deli, which was just off the high street and we probably would have missed it otherwise. They were wonderfully hospitable and friendly, even bringing a table in from outside and drying it off, so we could sit down. We had cauliflower cheese soup which was amazing, and they gave me some wonderful gluten free bread - not the stuff from a shop that most cafes serve, but something amazing which tasted like home baked granary bread - it was light, held together well and so tasty - a perfect lunch with friends in a beautiful little building, like an old chapel. Some of the best wheat-free bread I have ever had. Thanks!