“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and 18 others arrived for lunch and had a great experience. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The place was vey clean and cosy and we all had plenty of room. Everything had been ore-ordered as we were such a large group and once we were all settled the starters were served. In particular the chicken strips with dip were delicious! The plates were cleared away and then the mains arrived. Didn't feel rushed at all. The battered haddock was enormous and by all accounts very tasty. I had the macaroni cheese and it was amazing! The sauce was so creamy and tasty, a definite recommendation to try. The cost for my starter and main was £13. Not bad at all considering portion size and location. I was so full after that I didn't sample the desserts but I would have no hesitation in returning or encouraging anyone to go.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Manna from heaven! A very friendly and welcoming pub that does a good variety of food to suit all palates and tastes.
The interior of the pub is not given away by the traditional facade and on entering it is a light and airy open plan space.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It looks like a typical pub but the food was good. You have to order at the bar but it was quick service. The steak pie had lots of good meat in it and the salmon dish was tasty. Good value for money but no frills.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great food and friendly service.we keep eating here whenever in callander.the bar/lounge has been revamped and is very homely and cosy.highly recommend it

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hadn't been through Callander for some time. Took the opportunity to pop into the crown again on our way through. Not disappointed, in fact a pleasantly surprised to see the bar decorated to a very high modern standard, looks great.

One again we had a lovely meal. My son and I had the bacon & cheese burger, the best home made burgers we've had for a long time. Very moist, perfectly cooked and very tasty. My husband had scampi, lovely. My daughter had the pasta with cheese sauce, again very tasty. All freshly made and well worth it.

The lady serving was vey helpful and pleasant.