“Back for more!”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My partner and I had eaten here before so when we were passing last week we made a point of stopping for lunch. We both had the steak and stornoway black pudding pie with chips, peas and gravy. The pies were homemade and really hit the spot! The staff were extremely friendly and this place is everything you would expect from a beautiful, welcoming village like Callander!
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We visit Callander often we thought we would try this cafe for a change...it looked very ordinary on the inside..the staff where all very friendly and helpful..we ordered soup,sandwiches and coffee...everything was fresh and locally sourced....we have been back every time since...we try something different all the time and have never been disappointed defo recommend and not over priced.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

First trip of the year to Callander and lunch at The Taste of the Trossachs. Great homemade steak pie and soup. As usual staff really friendly and cafe warm and cosy. Saw the new range of burgers being made and will be back to try one soon. We have now been stopping by the cafe for a couple of years when we go for a drive and would recommend this to anyone when in Callander.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently visited this cafe to get a cup of tea with my elderly father and 3 others as we were passing through at lunchtime.
We noticed that although they sell food they were all sold out of pretty much everything in the display fridge so we all ordered teas and coffees and cake etc and i popped next door to a bakery to get a sausage roll for my dad who cant take a lot of sugar so a cake was not suitable.
We visited in January and there was not a single other guest in the cafe and we had it entirely to ourselves. I politely asked if my dad could eat his sausage roll roll inside as we had all bought teas and cakes etc but it was raining sideways outside. The staff member said yes of course this was fine since it really was an incredible storm outside and my dad is on crutches.
We started to drink our teas and eat our cakes when a lady owner came out and started yelling at us out of nowhere that her cafe was not a picnic area and how we had to buy her products to eat them inside. We tried to point out that she had no product left, that it was a raining sideways outside, my dad was on crutches and that we had asked the girl of it was ok and she had said yes since we had already spent around 20 pounds in her cafe. She continued to rant and my dad (in his 80's) was so embarrassed that he got up and went outside- struggled on his crutches to take the three bites of his sausage roll (it was a small one), got absolutely soaked, nearly fell over in the rain and then came back in to finish his tea.
I am not sure what is more disgusting- sending him outside for three bites of a sausage roll in the pouring rain on crutches or yelling at us in a manic and unprofessional manor out of nowhere.
I am shocked at how a business owner can treat their customers so poorly on both a business level and a human level. I mean would she treat her own father like that? How would she feel if someone treated her father like that?
Avoid supporting this cruel business owner she does not deserve to be in business. I am a tour guide and travel agent and will recommend avoiding at all costs to all my clients.

5  Thank rebecca b
696DAVID, Owner at Taste of the Trossachs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

I must say on reading this review i was shocked and concerned. nearly all the allegations towards staff, owner and events that happened where not true in any way. As everything was captured on CCTV which contradicts this persons review. The party did not ask for a menu or attempt to order any food. The gentleman wishing to eat the pie was indeed in his thirties not eighties (which was stated in the review) and took it upon himself to go outside and eat the pie. As everyone can see from previous reviews customers are made to feel very welcome. we take a great deal of pride in what we do at Taste of the Trossachs. The only part of the review that's true is that the party were informed politely that only food purchased in the cafe could be eaten in the cafe. I am sure TripAdvisor users would agree this is a fair policy. The lady is obviously angry as we would not allow any other food to be eaten at the table other than that purchased in the cafe. The only person raising there voice during the incident was the lady herself.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Friendly staff, food nice but found it very expensive for a couple of panninis and a sandwich. Not very much space inside found it quite cold beside the door and a bit squashed with a large family eating beside us with lots of small children.