Dreadnought Hotel
US$211
US$203
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)(Great Value!)
Cromlix(Kinbuck)
US$540
Old Churches House Hotel(Dunblane)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Lake of Menteith Hotel(Port of Menteith)
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

with the weather being so good yesterday we decided to have a wee day trip to callendar we then decided to have something to eat after looking about we went to try the mc nab restaurant in the hotel worst decision that i made we had ordered asoft drink and a pint of heavy didnt have it on draught so it was a can instead we then placed our meal ordered .When our meal came my hubby had ordered fish and chips it was burnt and the fish was as dry as a bone he complained and they gave him another meal but still charged us for it there were no waiting staff tables were littered with dirty dishes poor show we will never use this restaurant again sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorwheatley
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We booked a cheap deal through Easy-Breaks, without checking on Trip-Adviosor and regretted it. The service in the Hotel was atrocious. On the first evening there was no bus party and we managed to get our meal within a reasonable time. However the next day the bus party arrived and we were totally ignored by the waiters/waitresses....e.g. it took us 2 hours to get our breakfast.
The room was dreadful, the shower produced so little water and was either scalding hot or freezing cold. When we complained we were told that it was the water pressure and all the rooms were the same. The hot water tap at the sink in our room had no trouble with the water pressure. The beds were small and uncomfortable.
The car park gave us our first impression ...what a dump, and sadly we left with the same impression. We will definitely not return, no matter what the price.
The only good part of our stay was the pub along the road which had a great band playing Scottish & Irish folk music on the Sunday night.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel
1  Thank Gavin W
Reviewed 25 September 2013

From the moment I walked towards the door of the Dreadnought I felt welcome. However the check in was functional, we were handed our key and with no information about dining, drinking or entertainment and with a wave of a hand told us where the lift was. My case was delivered to our room but my partner had to wait for hers and finally received the wrong case, (our party had big yellow labels).
We had to go up and down to our room using a lift which certainly raised my eyebrows as there was no interior door. You opened the door on your floor and stood in a open fronted box. We were met at the door of the restaurant but service here was 'a bit long winded'. However no fault can be found on the politeness or efficiency of the staff during our stay.
The room was small but not a problem because with excursions booked we weren't planning on spending much time in it. I found the decor a bit bland. However I did think the bathroom was very cold.
Location of the Dreadnought is fantastic and my initial findings of the hotel were okay but overall I think it depends on an individuals expectations. It's better than some I've stayed but worse than others but not a lot. But moaning asside I did enjoy my time there.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Hotel a bit tired but in the process of updating with new lounge furniture fitted during our stay and said to be closing for two weeks in November to refurbish rooms. Food and service excellent. Lift very unpredictable. Hotel is well sited for Callander centre and visits to Trossachs and Stirling ( hourly bus service). Value for money as long as your expectations are not too high.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel very tired, in dire need of refurbishment,on arrival manager/duty,could hardly be bothered to get up from his seat in back office to check us in.He did so with as little warmth and effort possible. Told us the usual info bar and restaurant served food till 9pm.
Bed linen clean,but room needs good clean,very dusty. Went down to dinner around 8.20pm,only to be told that chef had finished and kitchen was closed. Not at all happy! On a cold wet Sunday night in Callendar we eventually found a fantastic upmarket chippy that were only to happy to serve us ,food delicious at Mhor. Not the best advert at The Dreadnought for tourisim,I for one won't be back .

Room Tip: there are none!!!!
1  Thank Carolyn O