“Lovely weekend away”
Review of Dreadnought Hotel

Dreadnought Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Callander
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I decided on a last minute weekend away and discovered the dreadnought online. I was a little sceptical after the negative reviews but please take no notice.
We checked into our room which was quiet large as we the bathroom complete with bath.
The bed was sooo comfy.
We were given an additional key for the main door should we wish to stay out late.
The morning when at breakfast we were given a choice of cereals and fruits followed by cooked breakfast. The staff were great and catered to our every wish. Everything about our visit was fab thanks so much

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank kizzy199

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked this hotel as we were meeting with others who had booked into this hotel. After reading the reviews we were expecting a old fashioned hotel. We were in nice room with turreted window which was nice. Room could have been improved with refurbishment but we did not pay much.
The evening meal was basic but fine. We had a bottle of wine and a drink with our meal which we charges to our room.
In the morning I came out of the shower and slipped on the wet floor.This was due to the shower screen not meeting the top of the bath and there was a gap of 1.5cms. This allowed the water to go directly on to the floor. When i stepped of the bath mat I slipped in the pool of water. Luckily grabs something before I hit the floor.
When checking out I mentioned this to the female on the reception who was not interested and then said it must have just happened. When I tried to explain that the shower screen was too high she just said she had no other complaints. I still await an apology for slipping or asking if I am ok.
I then asked for my bill. I was handed a bill for £23.80. I asked if this could be itemised. I was told no, could I not just calculate it in my head. I said I would prefer to see it written down. She then said I should be able to remember what I drank! She then told me she could not find the bar bills. She asked will you not pay this if I cant find it. I said no I will pay it I just want to see what I'm being charged for. She then told me she did not like my attitude. She spoke to someone else how I had told her the shower was dangerous and that I wanted an itemised bill and she though I had a terrible attitude! Had to remind myself that I was the customer spending money.
Cheap not cheerful just rude and run down!

Room Tip: We were in 210. Nice view up the main street and down towards the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alison31s
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Once again we had a great stay at this hotel we are just back from a weekend in the dreadnought all the staff from the main desk to bar and catering we're first class very helpful our room 116was very spacious and clean thank you to the cleaner the breakfast was good you could get kippers for breakfast for 2.95 weather was fantastic mac nabs bar was very reasonable for drink also food was really good we only booked at short notice but got lucky with our room we are already booked up again for the May weekend holiday we are regular visitors to this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing riverside inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leslienicholls
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for Saturday lunch and opted for their "Roast Lunch". This is exceptional value for money and perfectly cooked; choice of soup or pate for starters, followed by chicken, good service and pleasant staff, definitely a place to revisit.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We were on a reconnoitre run to Callander and stopped into MacNab's in the Dreadnaught Hotel for lunch. They offer a "Roast of the Day" deal: a starter followed by main course for atoned £6.00.
The food was good and the value for money was unexpected.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Glaswegian60
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel in Callander , It is close to the centre of town , When we arrived the hotel had no record of our booking But the lady at reception took us into the bar where we were given free tea while they sorted the problem , we were also told as it was out of season they only do breakfast from Friday till Sunday, We were staying Wed-Friday B+B . Again not a problem 'You paid for bed and breakfast you will get breakfast . The breakfast was the works fresh juice , tea ,toast and a full Scottish. the staff were all so nice and helpful would book this Hotel with confidence and would strongly recommend it to friends .

Room Tip: Ask the staff
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tommycyb
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Lunch was excellent. We had the daily roast, this was cooked to perfection and at £5.99 for 2 courses excellent value. The staff were very helpful and nothing was to much trouble being disabled this was a great help.We will defentantly be making a return trip.

• Stayed: February 2014