“What a surprise”

Brig o' Turk Tearoom and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are re-opening for the 2017 season on Friday 24th February at 10am. Our opening hours will be 10-5, every day except Wednesday. Pop in for a lovely bowl of warming soup or Hungarian Goulash for lunch or enjoy a cuppa with some homemade cake. If you prefer to dine in the evening please reserve a table at our newly opened Poppy Seed Restaurant in Poppies Hotel in Callander. Please see our Facebook pages for up to date information.
Saltburn, Invergordon
“What a surprise”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Today, 16th. Feb.2013, My husband and I passed the Brig O Turk tearoom en route to Callandar. We decided against going in but on our way back, we felt compelled to go in and give it a chance. That was the best decision of the day!!! We were warmly greeted, made to feel most welcome and indeed important to the owner and that was followed by the best cup of flat white coffee that I have had for a very long time. Our main course of Chicken and leek pie with the creamiest mashed potatoes ever was second to none. It was hot, presented well and offered a most generous portion. The sweet was also most enjoyable. We feel sure that this little inconspicuous restaurant has a great future. GORDON and MOIRA CURRIE (Ross-shire)

• Visited February 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience.”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I'll keep my review short.

This lovely old-world cafe serves wonderful homemade food at very reasonable prices, created and served by friendly people who are working so hard to make a successful business.

Well done.

1 Thank Tony M
Scotland
“Brig O'Turk - delicious!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Went to this tearoom for lunch at the beginning of November after a walk in Glen Finglas. A lovely cosy, warm welcome awaited up followed by a really scrummy lunch. We had cream of celeriac soup, followed by mouth watering cakes. The menu for more substantial meals looked very different to those fast food attempts in most establishments at this time of the year. I think one of the owners/cooks must be Polish or Hungarian as you could see the influence in the menu.They seemed to have extended opening hours into the evening during touristy times, and I for one would definately give it a try if I were staying in the area. I have a feeling they may go onto winter hours so maybe phone before you go. Don't be put off by the ecclectic mixture of furniture, cups/plates etc. Just part of the charm. Well done.

• Visited November 2012
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals ever”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We were staying very close by and decided to have dinner here. My daughter, husband and I all had the haggis balls followed by Hungarian goulash, my father in law had the soup. Daughter had chocolate cake for pudding, father in law the Eton mess. It was all incredibly delicious. The goulash was out of this world! The service too was delightful, and the interior cosy and homely. It was so good we went back the next night. Slightly different food choices but again magnificent. Don't miss this little gem of a place!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Charliegirl61
Musselburgh
“Cosy wee nook in the Trossachs”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We happened on this tea room by chance and weren't sure what to expect Like the Tardis it looks wee from the outside, but there is a big warm welcome waiting for you inside. Yummy food and home baking are served by the friendly host and cooked by her talented chef/husband, from good ingredients. The sort of place you want to keep returning to - I only wish it was closer to home!

• Visited October 2012