“What a nice little B&B”
Review of White Shutters

White Shutters
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callander
White Shutters
Ranked #24 of 34 Callander B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed there for a night in March 2013 when cycling NCR Route 7.
really enjoyed it. The rooms and the whole thing are very clean throughout, the bedroom was generously sized and obviously well looked after. To be honest, the only thing that made it different from a good 3-4 star hotel was that the toilet was not en-suite, but frankly, who cares.
To make it even more convenient, it's just off the high street, so there are restaurants, pubs, shops and an ATM within less than a minute's walk.
Above all, Caroline the Landlady is a very nice person indeed, and made me feel warmly welcome.
If I ever come to Callander again, which is more than likely, the White Shutters will definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pavel B

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We spent the day hiking nearby and needed an affordable place to stay. The one hostel nearby was full. We checked a few other B&Bs but they were all out of our price range. Then we stumbled on White Shutters and were so thankful for a warm place to stay. The owner was very pleasant. The rooms were clean, though a bit small. We had a room with two single beds and it was a bit hard to navigate around with two people and luggage, but perfectly fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KM7799
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed at White Shutters for two nights in May 2012 while travelling solo in Scotland. It was a perfect location and Caroline was a perfect host. I based myself here to do some short hikes in the area and it was a wonderful warm place to return to. Caroline filled me up with a big Scottish breakfast before my hike up Ben Ledi, and did not complain about all the debris I left in the entry on my return! I would come back to this B&B in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peggy354
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at the White Shutters while we were in Callander for a wedding. Caroline made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble (she even kindly lent us an umbrella!). The breakfast and hospitality were both terrific. We would definitely go back at any time of the year. Everything was clean, well-presented and incredible value for money. Thanks again Caroline for being such a nice host.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I was booked in by a friend so had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. I spent two nights whilst visiting for a friend's wedding in the area recently and couldn't have received a warmer welcome from the lovely Caroline, a clean, comfortable, quiet room and a tasty breakfast at such fantastic value!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ed D
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We have stayed here twice over the years on our forays around Scotland and can confidently state that it is amongst the most friendly and beautiful places we have encountered. Caroline is a dream hostess, generous to a fault and just about as helpful and wise as you could hope for. We would not stay anywhere else if we are visiting the Trossachs.
I wonder if she still has the little drawing I gave her, hanging on the wall.......

Room Tip: toss a coin
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Vincent S
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night in mid-June as we were passing through.

Caroline was wonderful; friendly and accommodating.

Our room was huge, with a sink and mirror. The bathroom was just down the hall, with a full shower and plenty of hot water. Our stay was very relaxed and comfortable.

The full breakfast was amazing; a great way to start the day.

Overall, it was a great place to stop-off for a night, and we would highly recommend it!

Some Callander tips: before breakfast we took an early hike up to Bracklinn Falls. It was beautiful and peaceful, a very nice way to see Callander! We ate dinner the night before at Taj- amazing Indian food and very nice service!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple