“Great Person and Place”
Review of White Shutters

White Shutters
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callander
White Shutters
Ranked #22 of 34 Callander B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Caroline was very welcoming and could not be more helpful. She made myself and my husband feel at ease after having a bad experience with one of the local Hotels in Callander. My husband needed breakfast around 7am at the weekend and Caroline was very obliging to do this for him.
The following morning we were not rushed out of the room. I would certainly recommend this great bed and breakfast, and would have no hesitation in staying there in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy B
There are newer reviews for White Shutters

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very welcoming and pleasant. They stored our bicycles safely with no fuss. Very clean with lots of information literature. Very comfortable and yummy breakfast. We cycled away well rested and full! We will recommend this b & b to all our friends and families. Thank you both. Mature cycling couple nz.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jackie f
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Caroline was a very welcoming host. The price reflects the lack of an en-suite, as the website suggests. However, on a 3-day hiking holiday and necessarily travelling light (and I mean light!) it would have been nice to have had a few basic toiletries to use in the shared bathroom - other places we stayed in (at only £8 pp extra) supplied this. That said, the house was very cosy and homely, the bedroom was comfortable and breakfast very good. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce F
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed there for a night in March 2013 when cycling NCR Route 7.
really enjoyed it. The rooms and the whole thing are very clean throughout, the bedroom was generously sized and obviously well looked after. To be honest, the only thing that made it different from a good 3-4 star hotel was that the toilet was not en-suite, but frankly, who cares.
To make it even more convenient, it's just off the high street, so there are restaurants, pubs, shops and an ATM within less than a minute's walk.
Above all, Caroline the Landlady is a very nice person indeed, and made me feel warmly welcome.
If I ever come to Callander again, which is more than likely, the White Shutters will definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pavel B
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We spent the day hiking nearby and needed an affordable place to stay. The one hostel nearby was full. We checked a few other B&Bs but they were all out of our price range. Then we stumbled on White Shutters and were so thankful for a warm place to stay. The owner was very pleasant. The rooms were clean, though a bit small. We had a room with two single beds and it was a bit hard to navigate around with two people and luggage, but perfectly fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KM7799
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed at White Shutters for two nights in May 2012 while travelling solo in Scotland. It was a perfect location and Caroline was a perfect host. I based myself here to do some short hikes in the area and it was a wonderful warm place to return to. Caroline filled me up with a big Scottish breakfast before my hike up Ben Ledi, and did not complain about all the debris I left in the entry on my return! I would come back to this B&B in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peggy354
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at the White Shutters while we were in Callander for a wedding. Caroline made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble (she even kindly lent us an umbrella!). The breakfast and hospitality were both terrific. We would definitely go back at any time of the year. Everything was clean, well-presented and incredible value for money. Thanks again Caroline for being such a nice host.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple