We stayed four nights at the Glengarry, along with two other couples, in August of 2007. First, I'd like to make a couple of corrections to previous reviews. I'm not sure what lake the one previous reviewer was speaking about as the Glengarry in Callander is no where near a lake. The pub, mentioned by another previous reviewer, has been closed for 2007.
The Glengarry is a small, intimate guest house run by the gregarious and charming Ann, who lives on premise. Rooms are about what we expected, though a little on the small side, primarily because ensuite facilities were added into the rooms, leaving both the bed rooms and the toilets small. Rooms near the front of the house face the street, which is a relatively busy highway, and can be noisy at night. Breakfast is plentiful and well prepared, but the same foods are served every day, so don't expect unique or exciting breakfasts, just wholesome, tasty ones. Ann is quite helpful and accommodating. Service to the rooms was excellent and completely unintrusive. Value for cost was exceptionally good, the best we encountered on our trip.
The Glengarry is convenient to Callander's pubs, restaurants, and shops, but expect to walk about a mile to get to them. Good walks are located in the woods above town, and Callander is an excellent central location for exploring the nearby national park and historic sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top class traditional Scottish Bed and Breakfast run by the same family since 1983. Evelyn & Archie offer you a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in their lovely Victorian home. Great care & pride is taken in the standard and comfort of the spacious en-suite bedrooms. You can enjoy a hearty full Scottish breakfast with Haggis or try one of the 'healthy options'. We are Open All Year. We have free off street parking for cars and hard standing for motorcycles, we also offer Secure Bicycle Storage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Glengarry Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengarry Hotel Callander
- Glengarry Guest House Callander, Scotland