“Excellent food served in the bar”
Review of The Riverside Inn

The Riverside Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Riverside Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Callander
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Friendly local pub serving great food everyday. Family friendly and well behaved dogs more than welcome. We have a huge range of beers, spirits, premium spirits and soft drinks and of course we serve great coffee. We have the best beer garden in town overlooking the river and the meadows car park.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food served in the bar”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Close to our hotel - Poppies. Short walk. Food was of a good quality and was served quickly. Very good pub grub.

Visited July 2014
Hi there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your kind words and I hope to see you again soon.

I must also say I'm extremely pleased you chose to try our food as the food at Poppies is of extremely good quality and I consider this review high praise indeed.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
“TERRIBLE ATTITUDE BY BARMAN NOT FRIENDLY NO HALLO/WELCOME DOOR & SURLY”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a Scottish tourist visiting Callander we decided on lunch at this place, mistake and never to be repeated. Walked in BARMAN saw us we went over to order drink/lunch, no hello----- nothing, which table are you using and that was the sum total of conversation, very very unwelcoming, it's no wonder that people go abroad with receptions like this.
Next the meal was ok pulled pork and burger with coleslaw which amounted to less than a pudding spoonful hardly worth getting, no warm welcome in Callander we will not return

• Visited July 2014
Keith M, Owner at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and on this occasion I'm very sorry that your visit was not satisfactory.

I am very disappointed that you felt a member of my staff was unwelcoming and I assure you that I will speak to all staff so they understand that this is not acceptable.

Like yourself, I firmly believe that a friendly hello and a bit of chat is fundamentally at the heart of good hospitality and I pride myself on providing the warmest of welcomes.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal on the whole and I will pass on your feedback regarding the coleslaw to which I find myself in agreement with you.

I truly hope that you may give us another visit when you are next in the area so we may change your opinion of us.

Glasgow
“A really disappointing lunch”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Out in the Trossachs for a day hike, we contrived to be at the Riverside for lunch. Two Hog Roast Rolls (advertised as coming on ciabatta and served with coleslaw and chips) and two mineral waters.
There was nothing wrong with the mineral water. The 'ciabattas' turned out to be mini baguettes, a shame since the Riverside is close to the best bake house in Central Scotland.
The coleslaw was too sweet; I don't understand why sugar has become an ingredient of this cabbage based salad).
The pulled pork was good but there wasn't enough of it.

Keith M, Owner at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I was extremely disappointed to read this review and will be contacting you directly to rectify.

“Pub lunch”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

On a trip to Callander we went into this pub for lunch. Very nice surroundings. Large portions. Friendly staff. Took a while for food to come but we had ordered after a group of 8 so knew we would have a wait but that was ok. Would go back again.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to review us, really glad it was worth the wait and I look forward to seeing you again next time your in the area.

Alloa, United Kingdom
“Slow”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Visited on a sunny Sunday and you'd think in a touristy place like Callander they'd have enough staff to attend to customers. Unfortunately there appeared to be only 2 staff on duty, serving drinks, taking food orders, bringing food to tables. It took around 40 minutes for our food to be served and unfortunately it wasn't worth the wait. I see another review talks about good portions, this wasn't the case with us - the child's portion of chicken goujons had 3 small chicken pieces and 9 chips!!! The adult portion was a little sparse too - although the meat in the steak pie was tasty. The male on duty was very off-hand, although the female was very friendly. Visit Callander frequently but won't be frequenting this place. Agree that it's dog friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Keith M, Owner at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I was extremely disappointed to read this review and will contact you privately to discuss and hopefully rectify your opinion if us.