We arrived and were taken up to our room keys are in the door already. Room was lovely and clean almost every thing you need (ie ironing board and iron, dressing gowns) for an overnight stay .Sadly no hair dryer. Bed was surprisingly very comfy. Good sound proofing as didn't hear any other guest returning at night. Had steak meal downstairs which was excellent. There was no entertainment last friday so went along to The Crown for live music. Breakfast was very hearty and filling. Everybody has there own preference to haggis and black pudding. But enjoyable. Very friendly staff. We couldn't fault our lovely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory Country Inn “Comfortable rooms. Great Food. And a warm welcome” A Family business started 12 years ago saw a building - formally The Church Rectory - go through a much needed transformation and over the years has built up a reputation based on quality. The atmosphere of the inn is informal, as it should be, and friendly with a good core of regular custom both for food and drink. Gray’s Scottish Restaurant at The Old Rectory is named after a past owner” Reverend Alan Gray”, and is brought right up to date by Tim and Jane Warbrick, Tim being The Reverend Grays Grandson. If you are looking for traditional choices using local produce where possible or delicious food, with a modern take on traditional classics then The Old Rectory Inn is just the place for you. One of the most popular pub restaurants in Callander, The Old Rectory Inn has earned itself a reputation for providing good quality food cooked by our very own in house chef. “Our 3 Course Sunday Roast Menu is Legendary” Take a look at our menus; we think you'll find plenty to tempt you. The Old Rectory Inn is a great place to eat, drink and relax with friends and family. Our Pub forms the backbone of The Old Rectory Inn and a warm welcome invites you into our cosy bar area where we have selected beers, lagers and ciders available in bottles and on draught. On warm, sunny days the garden allows for outside dining. We Have Live Contempary Scottish Music here every Wednesday Night the occasional Saturday night and Sunday Afternoons (musicians also sourced locally where possible). We host Quiz night every Tuesday night, our quizzes are good fun and not taken too seriously at all. Our spirit collection is vast, with an array of gins, we also have a hefty whisky collection including local and further afield whiskies. If you're looking to get together with friends, The Old Rectory Inn is one of the best places in the area to swap stories, drink in the atmosphere and savour some great drinks with some great characters. Remember that we host live music in the Whisky Library so before you book, please check with us first if you do not like the sound of people enjoying themselves!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Old Rectory Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Callander
- The Old Rectory Inn Callander, Scotland