Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland
US$118
US$74
US$72
  • Breakfast included
The Lake of Menteith Hotel(Port of Menteith)
US$175
Travelocity
Cromlix(Kinbuck)
US$802
US$640
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot tubgolden oaksilver birch cabinlog burneraccess roadthese cabinsloch lubnaigentertainment packagelovely cabintv packagemid week breakchecked dailyhired bikeson site shopfew nigglesgreat holidaydishwasher tablets
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Strathyre Cabins for a mid-week break in July 2014 - from the moment we arrived, the staff were exceptional and went out of their way to be friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location of the cabins is stunning, set next to Loch Lubnaig and with enough public trails to keep any casual or experienced hiker or cyclist happy. The cabins themselves are comfortable and welcoming and the on-site services are well worth using - the pizza in particular is cooked on site and some of the best I've ever had! I can't fault the location or the Forest Holidays staff, both were equally instrumental in making it a wonderful break and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrickaby
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review following your recent holiday with your girlfriend at Strathyre. I am so pleased you enjoyed your week and that you found the team helpful and friendly. We’re delighted to get such a glowing review of our pizzas too! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Amanda Clarke
Holiday Advisors Team Leader

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this lodge with my brother and his girlfriend, as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday. We took a silver cabin for 4 people and it was amazing. Really spacious, well kitted out - and a good hot tub! There's a shop selling local produce and gifts on site, as well as a bar which sells pizza! It's also perfect for Callendar and Aberfoyle - we went to Go Ape on the Saturday. Definitely would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeighMac21
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent Forest Holidays break at Strathyre. I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay – a lovely idea for a birthday present. I hope you will be back again before too long.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I originally booked a silver cabin for 3 nights for my 30th birthday this month, then upgraded to a gold cabin the week before we arrived. We were a group of 6 with our dog and we had a great time. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and extremely helpful. The cabin was furnished to a high standard and it was absolutely spotless. The hot tub was amazing, however, it certainly wasnt designed for 6 adults - 5 at a push.
My only grumble was that all the mirrors in the cabin were at waist height (I'm 5' 10"), so they were no use to me for doing my makeup etc unless i crouched down (they were too high to see in when I sat on the floor) - I felt like a giant. The master bedroom en-suite had a window at the bathtub which looked down to the kitchen/living area, which, for me, made it completely unusable as everyone downstairs could see you getting in and out of the tub, and using the shower attachment was a complete no-no!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clairecat84

Thank you for your feedback following your 30th Birthday celebrations at Strathyre. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time and that the niggles didn’t dampen your spirits. Your feedback is useful to us, so thank you for taking the time to write. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time me my fiance and our dog have stayed here each time in cabin 20 golden oak it is lovely. The cabins have recently been renovated although the fridge is a little on the small side and so is the couch if 6 people stayed it was lovely the staff were friendly and attentive our spaniel was treated like a king by the staff.

Just off the beaten track yet so close to nature on our first night we spotted a roe deer in the campsite just behind our cabin amazing!

I would highly recommend these cabins again and have already booked our trip back next year

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rozd27

Thank you for your review following your return visit to Strathyre. I am pleased you enjoyed your break with us once again, and it sounds as if the dog did too! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our first time with Forest Holidays and it was fantastic. We are a 30 year old couple with a Beagle. We stayed in a Silver Birch cabin with a hot tub and the whole cabin was immaculate with a new kitchen having just been fitted. Our cabin was situated at the end of the road meaning it was really handy for walking our dog down by the beautiful loch lubnig. The site itself was well equipped with a shop selling local produce and a cafe. There were also a couple of washing machines. Although we did initially think that the overgrown grass surrounding the whole site made it look untidy, we realised this was deliberate so that there is an element of privacy around each cabin. There were plenty of walks/cycles to do around the area and the town of Callendar was close enough for any touristy things! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our time at strathyre and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma D
Amanda_Clarke_FH, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Holidays Strathyre, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review following your first Forest Holiday. I am pleased that you enjoyed the experience along with your beagle – there are plenty of forest walks to keep dogs very happy. We very much look forward to seeing you again next year.