Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Fantastic Tour Experience!

Andy was an absolutely phenomenal tour guide for our recent Europe trip starting with Scotland. He... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2023
Brian R
Burbank, California
via mobile
Scottish Tour Experience

We just got back from an amazing vacation and it's in no small part to what a great experience we... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2023
yjlchen

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews day tour trip to scotland loch ness isle of skye four days wonderful sense of humor scottish highlands spent days his vast knowledge his passion haggis itinerary interests castle inverness whiskey culloden
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2019 via mobile

Andrew’s background of growing up in Scotland, living in many cities in Scotland, working as an anthropologist, his interest in history and world events and his passion for interacting with people makes him the perfect guide. We thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days we spent with him. He is very customer service focused, is full of great stories, and was an excellent driver. Always prompt and courteous, he treated us so well. We really enjoyed touring with him. Also, really enjoyed that he always shows up in a kilt.

Date of experience: July 2019
Chips248, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2019

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was great to have you with me, and I'm just sorry it wasn't for longer. Look forward to welcoming you and yours back sometime soon.
All the Best
Andy

Reviewed 1 July 2019 via mobile

We travel a lot, usually with our adult kids, and have hired personal guides whenever possible. Andy is absolutely top notch. His recommendations on lodging, dining, attractions, and must-see scenery never failed us. Andy’s knowledge of history and archeology helped us put what we were seeing in context, and his ability to ferret out high quality lesser known attractions without missing the more popular (and crowded) sights kept the tour balanced.

His wit and easy going nature were a delight, and we were never bored. Andy is attentive and accessible but gives you room to just quietly soak up the beauty around you. He was flexible enough to make changes on the fly, depending on how much (or little) time we wanted to spend on an activity or location. And isn’t that the whole point in a private tour?

We’ll travel again with Andy any time we are in Scotland.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank SW1954
Andrew S, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2019

My pleasure, guys. I had a great time showing you around, and it was one of these tours where everything just seemed to click. I'm here for you anytime you come back.

Reviewed 28 June 2019

We spent five days with Andy touring the Highlands. We have traveled extensively and Andy is the best guide we’ve had. He has such knowledge of Scottish history and a knack for story telling that you are never bored. He took us to the greatest places. They varied from scenic views, to castles, to whiskey tasting. He is the best combination of professionalism and entertainer.

We absolutely recommend Andy and would tour with him again, no question.

Date of experience: June 2019
Andrew S, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2019

It was a total delight showing you my country, and you were fantastic company. Thank you all so much for making this such a memorable tour. You are welcome back any time at all!

Reviewed 4 June 2019

We spent 5 days with Andrew in early May. This was my second time using him as a tour guide. He never disappoints. From the planning with us to the hotel recommendations, to the trip itself, it was fabulous! We started in Edinburgh and ended in Stirling with lots of beautiful scenery and castles in between. He even took us to Ayr, the home of my ancestors! One of my favorites was Plockton. It is a beautiful seaside town with wonderful food options and lovely accomodations. I would definitely use him again on my next trip to Scotland!

Date of experience: May 2019
Andrew S, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2019

Hi Kathie,

Thank you so much for your positive review; it is much appreciated.
I had a great time showing you all my country, and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well.

Anytime you want to return, I will be here waiting for you.

Best
Andy

Reviewed 29 May 2019

This was our first trip to Scotland and we did not know what to expect from a private tour guide. With Andy, there were no disappointments. He designed our tour to include everything we wanted to see or experience but was flexible enough to make changes midstream if we found yet another site to see. A highlight was visiting the village where a 5th great-grandfather was born as well as the parish (now in ruins) where he likely worshipped. Very humbling. Andy was prompt and kept us on schedule. He is very knowledgable in the history of all the places we visited as well as current events. He had a wonderful sense of humor which made the trip even more enjoyable. We highly recommend Andy. Brenda and Kathy

Date of experience: May 2019

Thanks to you both for being such great fun on our tour.
It was a delight to show you parts of your heritage, and to explore Scotland's ancient history with you.
Please give me a call anytime, and when if you come back I'll be delighted to show you more of Scotland.