Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

Knowledgeable and highly recommended

Reviewed 30 September 2023
Sandra L
Northbrook, Illinois

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews day tour trip to scotland loch ness isle of skye four days wonderful sense of humor scottish highlands spent days his vast knowledge his passion haggis itinerary interests castle inverness whiskey culloden
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2023

We just got back from an amazing vacation and it's in no small part to what a great experience we had with Andrew! We let him know what kind of scenery we were interested in capturing and the amount of knowledge and custom tailoring to our needs went above and beyond. I especially appreciated how much flexibility we were able to have due to changing weather conditions and it truly feels like we made the most of every moment. Andrew would tailor our schedule to our needs when we mentioned that we were interested in specifically filming locations, taking us to places that were in films like James Bond, Harry Potter, and Prometheus.

Overall the trip was amazing, and the vehicle was incredibly well maintained and communication throughout was really a breeze. My husband and I would highly recommend Andrew for making the most out of the incredibly diverse views and landmarks of Scotland. We only had 3 full days and I feel to do the country justice in hindsight I would have budgeted in at least 5-7 days. We will definitely be back!

Date of experience: October 2023
B3001EAandrews, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2023

Hi Linda, what a delightful review. Believe me, the feeling was mutual. It was truly great fun having you both with me and you are welcome back any time.

Reviewed 30 September 2023

Andy is the Scottish tour guide you would select if you were casting for a movie role of the same type. However, he is so much more than what he seems on the outside. Andy is very knowledgeable about Scottish history, archaeology, even botany and food. He is fun to share time with. We spent 6 days touring from the east to the west and the northern Highlands. It was terrific! I had an unfortunate injury but he helped me get great care and service from the NHS, so we were able to complete our journey without too many revisions. Although his advice helped us to see some the top castles without having to manage the slippery stone spiral steps. I would recommend others contact Andy for their Scottish travels!

Date of experience: September 2023

Hi Sandra, hope you are now recovered from your injury and that both of you are thriving. Thanks also for the great review. It is very much appreciated, and I am so pleased that you were happy with your tour. All the very best, and you will be welcome back any time.

Reviewed 29 April 2023

Andy was an excellent guide. Every time I travel, I learn something...and our Tour with Andy solidified my belief that the best way to see a country is to hire a private guide. His knowledge of Scotland (both historical and current) made our trip so enjoyable. He planned a 5 day trip that maximized our time and we got to enjoy Scotland while he drove us in comfort. It didn't feel rushed. We saw the "must see" spots but Andy also took us to places that were unique and so memorable. He was flexible and seemed to find just the right restaurants for us. As a "foodie", that made the trip amazing! This was a trip delayed from April 2020 (we had planned it with Andy back then) and I was so glad to finally see Scotland. From start to finish, it was everything I had hoped our trip would be.

Date of experience: April 2023
Reviewed 5 October 2022

My wife and spent 12 days in Scotland for our 30th anniversary. We started in Aberdeen and worked our way south to Edinburgh. We had a private driver/guide scheduled everyday....or so we thought. After a bumpy first few days with a driver that wasn't really a guide, Andy was assigned to us and he saved and made our entire trip!! Andy is well learned and educated in Scot history, friendly, personable, accommodating, flexible, funny, able to make adjustments and changes on the fly, and committed to making sure his clients have an experience of a lifetime!! Hire him for your next trip to Scotland. Just go ahead and spend the money and hire him. Your going to see much more of Scotland than you ever would trying to do it yourself!
Thank you Andy for making our trip so memorable and we cant wait to see you again!!

Date of experience: September 2022
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

Andy stepped in for 2 days of an 8 day trip when our original tour guide was suddenly unavailable. We wish we could’ve had him for our whole trip - what a delight! He was flexible, funny and kind to our intergenerational group (grandma, adult & teenager) earning particularly high marks from my teen ;) Paying close attention to our comfort & interests, he regaled us with his vast knowledge of Scotland’s history and his amazing sense of humor. We met Hamish & Honey (Highland Coos) & toured spectacular Glencoe & the beautiful Isle of Skye with him. He considerately booked lunches ahead every day at delightful little places and of course did all the driving - a request of my mother’s when I originally planned this trip a few years ago. Scotland had been a dream of mine to visit and we were so lucky to have had Andy for a (too) small part of it - In the end, we were all quite sad to leave him. I highly recommend if you want a specialized, super fun tour of Scotland!

Date of experience: August 2022
B3001EAandrews, Owner at Andrew Sharp Scottish Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Many thanks, Claudia. It was a great trip and I was only sorry it wasn't longer. You were all great fun and I am so glad you got so much enjoyment out of it. You'll be welcome back any time; there's still a lot of Scotland to see, so don't be a stranger!