Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2009

The hotel is spotlessly clean And an excellent place to eat - everyone is friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay although our room was on the small side.

Date of stay: October 2009
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I recently spend just one night at this hotel on a journey round the West Country. We were very impressed with the quality of the bedrooms and the friendliness of the staff. A nice touch was the jug of fresh milk that was provided with the tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom, rather than the plastic pots which most places use. The hotel has a swimming pool and a nice decked outdoor area, but unfortunately although the sun was shining, the breeze made it a bit cold to use either, so we used the hotel lounge area which was very comfortable.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening, and had great difficulty in deciding which of the appetising dishes to choose. We could have stayed for a week and had no problem in eating something different each night. The food really lived up to expectations, but we couldn’t manage three courses, so missed out on some lovely puddings and cheeses.

After a good night’s sleep a full Cornish breakfast set us up for the day, we didn’t need anything else to eat until the evening!

Next year the owners will also be running the Widemouth Hotel just up the road, and I’m sure they will make as much of a success of that. We would certainly return to the Brocksmoor if we were in the area.

Date of stay: June 2009
1  Thank Gladys50
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We received a very warm welcome from the team, who looked after us very well. I was impressed with the work that has been carried out, particularly on the family rooms and we were certainly very comfortable.

The food we had during the weekend was all very, very good, from the light(ish) lunch on Saturday (well received after our long journey), the delicious dinner on Saturday night (the menu for which provided the biggest decision making challeng of the weekend!), the great full English breakfast and the splendid Sunday roast. Suffice to sat that I did not need feeding on Sunday evening or indeed much of Monday!

I remembered the well kept Betty Stoggs bitter from our last stay and this hit the spot on more than one occasion during the weekend.

The surfing (paddling in my case) and beach cricket down the road at Widemouth Bay served to sharpen my appetite and enabled me to make full use of the hotel's catering facilities.

We're looking forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: May 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank abirch
Reviewed 7 November 2008

Nice place, only 6 rooms (I think) room comfortable, clean but tiny (I mean tiny) bathroom which meant most of stuff had to be put on the loo seat and then loo seat onto floor. We were the only guests staying so it was very quiet - Staff were absolutely brilliant though, really top and looked after us well. On the whole good food as well. You probably think I'm a bit mean saying it was good not great, I just thought that it was expensive for what it was - we went out of season end Oct and the rate was still £85 per night so I was expecting a little bit more than what we got. I think if it had been £60 per night I would of raved about the place. Good for a weeend but I wouldn't really want to stay more than that

Date of stay: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I am reluctant to write a review on this hotel as it may cause it to become too popular but praise where it’s due!!
Hidden away behind the overpowering Widemouth Manor Hotel in Widemouth Bay is a real Gem of a find, “The Brocksmoor Hotel/Restaurant.” A truly remarkable establishment.
I have known this hotel/restaurant for many years and it's rejuvenation has been dramatic and impressive.
Jo, Mike and the staff have worked wonders on the appearance and ambience and I have to say it is the best (and only!) place in the area that I recommend. The meals are a delight with a thoughtful menu, beautiful presentation and excellent, non intrusive, service. All at a reasonable price which is becoming more difficult to find!
Sunday lunches are outstanding and the whole family made to feel welcome and special. It has become a regular haunt for our family a promises to be so for many years to come.
Congratulations to all.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank KitchUk