“Epic :D”

Bude Tunnel
Ranked #2 of 53 things to do in Bude
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The only tunnel Bude has to offer is open to the public free of charge, walk from the Sainsbury's car park to Crooklets Road completely undercover, protected from the elements whilst maintaining your view to the spectacular surroundings of Bude. Consisting of 36 metal arches and over 70m long, nowhere else in Bude can you walk this far undercover in a continuos straight line, all ages are welcome
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Since Bude's main attraction is soon to be leaving the area, this amazing tunnel is now my only reason to come back. Can't wait for my next visit!!!

43  Thank samgunn87
"untrained eye"
"great wall of china"
"car park"
in 12 reviews
"what it says on the tin"
"visited earlier"
"many occasions"
"an absolute"
"bucket list"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Being lucky enough to live locally to the Bude Tunnel I visit it at least once a day. Usually at night so I can get undressed without causing alarm. It is without doubt the best spot in the universe to stop time and collect ones thoughts.

74  Thank KenKapow
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited today and immediately got a warm feeling, I felt that I had been to this magical place before. I cannot recommend highly enough and I cannot wait to visit this magical dome again but the next time I will take my husband. I honestly feel it should be named the Bude Tunnel of love.

42  Thank nvq
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had been told of this magical monument by friends, and although I had been to Bude many times before, I had never seen this tourist attraction.
I took the small walk up the hill towards Sainsbury’s, and there it was; glistening in the Cornish sunshine.
The hand crafted Cornish Perspex has not suffered from the weather, and looks incredible with the sun reflecting off it.
The view down the tunnel is incredible, and the matte black trolleys line the side beautifully.

To really admire this beautiful work of art, you need to stand just on the curb and take in the view whilst enjoying a large traditional pasty.

30  Thank Simon W