“Will always return”

Price range: US$1 - US$7
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I once went when I was really tiny, and had dream like memories of this place, I went back this weekend after years, and it was exactly the same, beautiful stream, love the tiny picnic benches for detail, and the "poor" reviews make me sad, it may not be gourmet food like some people have said in reviews, but it is by far has the kindest, sweetest most beautiful lady that works hard to please her costumes and her community. In the most beautiful location. Keep up the good work of 50+ years I say!!

2  Thank Angharad_Wynter

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Trip advisor needs 200 characters for the review and yet this place needs so many less as its all about Margaret - unique, lovely, special, like your best granny ever and she does a great tea too!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We went here after reading trip advisor, it was no1 in bude. It was a wet miserable day, so we sat inside ... Inside is a caravan btw. Margaret is the highlight, she really is a lovely lady, she was so friendly & inviting. She gave our 20 month old toddler lots of attention & biscuits, which she obviously loved!! We had a great chat with other locals there, who all know Margaret well.

We had 2 cream teas, the scones weren't the best I've ever tasted and they had way too much cream on, I only ate
half & to be honest I didn't think they were worth £4 each.

1  Thank minchie
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After reading all the reviews we just had to go and visit. What a beautiful garden, with a lovely stream going through it. Have to admit, we didn't have the best weather to eat a cream tea outside, (very cold, grey and miserable) but it was worth it! I would recommend a long walk on the beach and then amble up to Margaret's and have a bit of a natter and a cream tea - or equally a piece of the lovely looking cakes on display!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say that hasn't already been said?!! By far the best cream teas you will find and in a perfect little hideaway next to the beach. Margaret is a gem and truly understands how to look after customers :)