“Great Surf School”
Review of Raven Surf School

Raven Surf School
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Bude
Reviewed 12 August 2014

It was great to be back at Widemouth Bay for a couple of lessons with Raven Surf School. It doesn't matter who the instructors are, they are always friendly and knowledgeable. The groups are small so everyone get plenty of attention to either get you up and standing, or, improving your technique. I would recommend Raven to anyone, no matter what your level of experience.

All reviews
"brilliant experience"
"thank you so much"
"great morning"

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I found ravens surf on the internet and from the first phone call I was impressed by how knowledgable and helpful they were . We all enjoyed two days of surfing with fab instructors and all had a great time , I would recommend this company for anybody especially those with younger children as they were very helpful and encouraging giving the children great confidence all of the children aged 9,10 and 14 all stood up in there first lesson .we enjoyed it so much that we are going again next week for another lesson . Do not hesitate to use this company they are fab , worth every penny x

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently attended Mike Raven's Surf School as had been recommended by all the locals. It was our first time on a surf board and we all had a fantastic time. We never expected to all be up riding waves in our first lesson! There were four adults and three children in our party, one of whom was quite nervous at the start. Mike, who was our instructor, explained things in a simple and fun way, which we all could relate to and gave us all the confidence to have a go. It turned out the one who was the most nervous, stayed up the longest and now wants to be a surfer.

Thoroughly enjoyable day out, can't wait to head to the beach to catch some more waves.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I looked on the web and by chance chose Raven, even though they were more expensive than the others. I am delighted that I made the right choice. My 8 year old Granddaughter was standing up on her first lesson. The staff were excellent and really looked after the younger children which was a blessing in the Cornish surf. Instructor to student ratios were better than any of the other surf schools that I saw over the course of a week. The staff were very patient and over the week of lessons my granddaughter was made welcome by them all. They couldn't do enough for her, even carrying her board and towing her out when she struggled in the surf. She really liked Stel, Dean and Tully, who were all very good to her. My daughter also joined the school for a number of lessons and all of her forgotten surfing experience was restored.

The most important thing was that safety was paramount, followed by the staff ensuring everyone had a good time! I am already under instructions to book for next year.

Thanks to Mike, Nicki and the staff for making it an excellent holiday for my Granddaughter.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a fantastic time we all had having surfing lessons with Raven !! The whole team are a credit to the business. Our party was Dad, Mum and 3 girls 13, 12 and 9 . Within the 1st lesson Dean our (handsome instructor in the words of my 9 year old ) had us all catching a wave and getting balanced on our boards . In our other lesson Stell managed to get us all standing and riding the wave !! What a fantastic time we all had and we will defo be back and catching some more waves with Ravens fantastic team !! Thanks to you all

1  Thank ALB332014