“Perfect romantic getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 32 Speciality Lodging in Bude
Lancashire
“Perfect romantic getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed in the Annex for a week in July with my partner and it was lovely, exactly what i expected and we certainly were not disappointed. The farm animal and pets are an absolute delight, especially Percy who is a real character. The location perfect and the standard of accommodation was charming yet comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Amanda M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The situation is exceptional, just a few fields back from the high cliff top and extensive sea views enhanced by wonderful sunsets. The accommodation is clean and comfortable, not luxurious but full of character,homely and with most things needed. Emma, the owner/manager is keen to make sure that her lovely farmhouse is enjoyed by others, her delicious meals were in keeping with the situation and full of high quality local produce. Walking to the nearest shop and pub takes about 40 mins along picturesque lanes and the choice of walks to places of interest are very numerous. We stayed here on an art holiday and were inspired by the profusion of worthwhile subjects to paint both in the immediate locality and nearby villages such as Boscasle. Our week was sunny but the house is exposed to the elements so warm clothing could be needed at less favourable times. It would be hard not to enjoy your time at this pretty farmhouse and I thoroughly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in what I think is called the Round House - bedroom good (typical small windows), sitting r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CarolSymon
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in this beautiful little cottage. Stunning scenery and a fantastic location for exploring Cornwall. We can't wait to return and would recommend staying at Higher Tresmorn to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clare E
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here on my walk along the coastal path with my dog. I was rescued from the path in the dark by Emma at the farm as I had lost my way - so that was a great relief - and then an excellant welcome as I sat in my own 'lounge' and had tea and biscuits in front of a fire. I enjoyed a comfortable stay at the B&B and had dinner there too. It is great to see such an authentic farmhouse building. Had a great bath and a good sleep. It is a beautiful part of Cornwall. It was a bit more expensive than my other stops, but it is hard to find a place right on the coastal path that will take a dog, and this worked for me.

Room Tip: very dog friendly
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank seechange
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed the most relaxing holiday that we can remember. I say a holiday technically it was a short break 4 nights but physically it was more than that. Emma made us most welcome and we fell into the Cornish way of life immiediately. We stayed in Swallows Swoop which was much to large for us two and badger the collie but it was nice to have the space to relax. The cottage is well equiped, clean, well furnished and we wanted for nothing. The bed was to die for, really comfy, between the fresh sea air and the bed we were comatose. The weather was great, the location was just right too as your within minutes of the main road that takes you either north or south. We cannot wait to visit Cornwall again and it will be with Emma at Higher Tresmorne. Fantastic value for money .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harleyman12002013
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I really can't fault my stay at Higher Tresmorn - a warm welcome, spotlessly clean and one of the nicest beds I've ever slept in. Best of all though was the tranquil surroundings; the amazing cliff-top views, the wildlife, beautiful walks - and just a short drive to Bude. I came back so relaxed it was just the ticket!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in the Annex in early October 2013. It is a cosy retreat, warm with plenty of hot water. The Annex was clean and well presented and we had everything that we needed. There is plenty of room to park the car and also space to store bikes out of the weather. The location is fantastic with easy access to the SW Coastal path using a permissive right to roam between the farm and the coast. Our little dog had great fun playing with Percy. The only negative is that the mattress on the bed could do with replacement. Having spoken to Emma before we left I believe she has this in hand.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Emma d, Owner at Higher Tresmorn Farm, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
It was lovely to welcome you to Higher Tresmorn and I am glad you enjoyed the week. I can confirm the mattress has been replaced in the Annexe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bude
Falcon Hotel
#9 of 51 in Bude
Sunrise
Sunrise
#13 of 51 in Bude

Been to Higher Tresmorn Farm? Share your experiences!