Open today: 08:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Never fails to deliver great 'surf-ice' :-)

This is the second year that my eldest son (11 yo) and I have been surfing with Robin & team at... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2018
ThirteenM
Derby, United Kingdom
Freewave Surf Academy Rocks!

Myself, my wife and our two children aged 12 & 14 had the best time surfing with Freewave. Our... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Boat-333
Hampton, United Kingdom

All reviews widemouth bay great fun an excellent teacher teenage boys useful tips own pace his team mixed ages within an hour small group consecutive days next year catching waves safe hands great lesson these guys great place to learn
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Robin was a star - very patient with a very mixed ability group. We all loved it and are now all hooked on surfing - will be back next year.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Lesson was easy to book, Robin was very helpful and happy to accommodate an evening lesson and at short notice. The lesson itself was really fun; my instructor Ben was friendly, encouraging and a good teacher. I managed to stand on the board and "surf" some distance.

Will definitely book with them again next time

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We had a brilliant 2 days of surfing with Freewave at the beautiful Widemouth Bay. Really easy to arrange. They phoned back as promised and were happy to cater for a Dad and 2 kids aged 8 and 10. We all loved it and the amazingly enthusiastic Jas had all of us up on our boards in no time. Very reassuring to have Jas, one of the local lifeguards looking out for the kids in the waves. The surfing with Freewave was the highlight of our trip to Cornwall.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I do not like getting cold and wet. I did not want to go, but made a promise to my partner's teenage daughter that I would do it. I am a convert. I loved it and now want to do it more! Stell looked after us and got me standing up within two hours of my first go ever on a surf board. The best fun we had all week.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

When I was camping in Bude recently I was watching the surfers thinking "they are making that look easy and fun" so I decided that I should give it a go. I have 'been surfing' before, but to no avail and with a lot of frustration so I decided that a lesson was in order. A quick bit of research found me FREEWAVE SURF ACADEMY and a quick phone call set it up. I have to say that I was very impressed. Robin, my instructor, met me at the beach and quickly put me and the rest of the group at ease with his professionalism. He covered the basics and quickly got us in the water practicing. Robin then worked with each of the group individually to ecouurge us and tayloring the lesson to each of our individual al needs so we could get the most out of the lesson

I was really happy with the lesson, and indeed was standing and (what I call) surfing pretty quickly. If when in Bude you have the time I would recommend giving surfing a go and would highly recommend FREEWAVE to you.