Open today: 08:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Never fails to deliver great 'surf-ice' :-)

This is the second year that my eldest son (11 yo) and I have been surfing with Robin & team at... read more

Reviewed 5 November 2018
ThirteenM
Derby, United Kingdom
Freewave Surf Academy Rocks!

Myself, my wife and our two children aged 12 & 14 had the best time surfing with Freewave. Our... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Boat-333
Hampton, United Kingdom

All reviews widemouth bay great fun an excellent teacher teenage boys useful tips own pace his team mixed ages within an hour small group consecutive days next year catching waves safe hands great lesson these guys great place to learn
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We decided to go for a short weekend break in Bude and thought it was a great time to get a surf lesson in and give it a go. We booked in advance on freewave's easy to use website! On the day, the site was easy to find and the beach was quiet. There were only two of us and Robin, our instructor. Robin was absolutely amazing, guided you through everything and made you feel confident. We got straight into it and just gave it a try, and with Robins tuition we were up with ease! This lesson was the highlight of our weekend trip and I would thoroughly recommend this company and Robin to anyone who wants to get into surfing or just have a bit of fun.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

As a family we have had quite a few surfing lessons but found Freewave Surf Academy to be one of the best we've had. Everything was explained very clearly while still being very fun. The next week we hired surf boards and was really helpful to be able to use the same kit as in the lesson. Would reccomend to anyone keen to try out surfing!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We were staying at Sandymouth Holiday Park and fancied having a go at surfing. I found the freewave website and gave Robin a ring. He was helpful and the website is very good, allowing you to select a date and time and pay online. The lesson itself was a group of 3 beginners. Robin is an excellent teacher and the lesson was very thorough. We were all standing surfing by the end of the lesson and had a great time. The beach at Sandymouth is lovely and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I really enjoyed the lesson - despite surfing (bodyboarding for 60 years) this was my first attempt at 'big board' surfing. Great fun and Robin really took a great deal of trouble although, in the end, I managed to stand only momentarily.
I'll have to try again!
Good value too

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Booked my 15 year old son & his friend for a 10.30 am lesson. Despite the face it was pouring with rain the instructors were fab & well organised, they were in a group of 6 of varying ages. By the end of the lesson both boys were standing up & riding the waves, having had a fab time. The instructors gave them the confidence to hire boards a couple of days later & go out again. Thankyou very much.