All reviews golf course guest house breakfast menu full english cooked to perfection warm welcome quality bedding town centre single room golf club place to stay great hosts a lovely stay lovely guesthouse piping hot room was spotless enjoyable stay
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I and my two dogs had our best holiday ever with John and Shirley. We were made to feel so welcome and at home and the location of Sunrise is unbeatable being within minutes of the fabulous beaches, cliff walks, local shops and the wonderful canal walk. Nothing was too much trouble and John and Shirley are excellent hosts. Being on a permanent diet I didnt indulge in the fabulous choice of cooked breakfasts but the menu is truly amazing and it took all my will power to keep to cereal and toast when fantastic plates of food kept wafting passed my table!!! I cant recommend Sunrise and John and Shirley too much - absolutely fabulous!!!

Room tip: For anyone needing or wanting outside access (ie french doors onto patio) room 1 is perfect
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Very convenient but quiet location, a warm welcome from John & Shirley, fine breakfasts & a lovely room -nothing more to wish for. We booked for a return visit before we left.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2011

John and Shirely worked hard to give us a good experience.
Good food.
I even had a beautiful private patio to relax on.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stayed at Sunrise B&B for one night during a week walking on the coastal path. Travelling alone, i was booked into the single room. I was pleasantly surprised by the care and attention that had gone into making guests' stay an extremely pleasant experience. The beautifully decorated room was perfect for my stay, with fabulous on-suite facilities. Breakfast was fantastic too, in a fabulously colour co-ordinated breakfast room! The B&B is well located at the top of town on a quiet road opposite the golf course. Thanks John & Shirley for a truly wonderful stay - hope to bring my other half back in the winter :-)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We know Bude very well and have stayed there many times - Sunrise is the best B&B we have ever stayed in, anywhere, and is much better than many hotels. Easy booking, great welcome, great location and excellent value. The room we had was good and provided everything we needed. The breakfasts, pre-booked the previous evening for a specific time and menu were excellent - good choice and substantial. Room and lounge availability during the day could be very useful in inclement weather.

Room tip: Room 4 has a super-mega-king-size bed and looks onto the golf-course
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple