All reviews golf course guest house breakfast menu full english cooked to perfection warm welcome quality bedding town centre single room golf club excellent hosts place to stay piping hot lovely guesthouse a lovely stay friendly owners room was spotless
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We are a group of Scottish Country Dancers who attend a fantastic weekend in Bude annually. Our first stay with John and Shirley three years ago, coincided with their purchase of the B&B and a couple in our group becoming engaged, so it was celebrations all round. Since then, we have had no hesitation in returning to stay with our delightful hosts. John and Shirley have worked hard to keep up the high standards of this well-loved B&B and to make improvements. The breakfasts are always enjoyable and we are never kept waiting, before we disappear for our dance classes. John is also an excellent photographer and happily takes our annual group photo before we head off in our finery to our dances! Well done to you both!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I and my two dogs had our best holiday ever with John and Shirley. We were made to feel so welcome and at home and the location of Sunrise is unbeatable being within minutes of the fabulous beaches, cliff walks, local shops and the wonderful canal walk. Nothing was too much trouble and John and Shirley are excellent hosts. Being on a permanent diet I didnt indulge in the fabulous choice of cooked breakfasts but the menu is truly amazing and it took all my will power to keep to cereal and toast when fantastic plates of food kept wafting passed my table!!! I cant recommend Sunrise and John and Shirley too much - absolutely fabulous!!!

Room Tip: For anyone needing or wanting outside access (ie french doors onto patio) room 1 is perfect
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Very convenient but quiet location, a warm welcome from John & Shirley, fine breakfasts & a lovely room -nothing more to wish for. We booked for a return visit before we left.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2011

John and Shirely worked hard to give us a good experience.
Good food.
I even had a beautiful private patio to relax on.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stayed at Sunrise B&B for one night during a week walking on the coastal path. Travelling alone, i was booked into the single room. I was pleasantly surprised by the care and attention that had gone into making guests' stay an extremely pleasant experience. The beautifully decorated room was perfect for my stay, with fabulous on-suite facilities. Breakfast was fantastic too, in a fabulously colour co-ordinated breakfast room! The B&B is well located at the top of town on a quiet road opposite the golf course. Thanks John & Shirley for a truly wonderful stay - hope to bring my other half back in the winter :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo